Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Let’s see your Trophy Room/Man Cave

I like the angled plaque for the antlers. I think it shows off the tine length better that flat on the wall. more taxidermists should do this...
For muleys or pronghorn, mounting the euro skull flat to the wall doesn't work. The points stick straight out into the room. I prefer the naked look. Mounting the skull on a tilted platform is okay and usually the way it's done but the plate becomes a dust catcher and extremely hard to clean. Here's how our shop does them. I should start another thread with instructions.
20230213_190950.jpg20230213_190840.jpg

Just reviving this thread as inspiration. Got a long spring and summer of moving and remodeling ahead of me. Giving my wife (mostly) open reigns on the rest of the house, but I’m going hog wild on the trophy room

Finally got some of my Africa stuff from last May! Moved the big horn over to make some room.
Your stuff must have been mounted over there. They definitely do things differently.

I just finished remounting most of my African euros. Was never satisfied with my first attempt. Some needed to be tilted more, especially the waterbuck.
20230317_114651.jpg20230317_114439.jpg20230317_114629.jpg

Yes, they were.
No teeth on the skulls kinda told the tale. I bitched about my first buff missing all teeth and several other skulls missing a few. So second batch sent two years later had a bunch of alien teeth glued willy nilly onto the skulls with great gobs of epoxy glue. Note the toothless kudu skull in above image is from that second bunch. Only two teeth actually belonged to it. Looked like a hillbilly kudu! I had to pull all its teeth ... and cleaning off that damn glue took days. I pulled the goofy foreign front four teeth on waterbuck. Who knows what kind of critter they came from. Probably should pull them all. I received notice last week that my third shipment was ready. "Where's the rest of the money?" Where's the photos of progress you promised? Still waiting. Different taxidermist this time. Hope I'm not getting screwed again. In case anyone is headed that way, don't let Karoo Taxidermy in South Africa touch your stuff! Never!

Back