Let's see some Mule Bucks

Got to watch a bunch of mulies tonight in the ag fields near my folks’ house. No giants, but a fun time with my dad and my daughter:
743151D7-38DF-421C-8440-51F0951E1F82.jpeg

14F5931D-AF7F-494B-9FA8-BA1BE7461EB3.jpeg

F931E11D-736E-487D-9C34-0042B9719D2E.jpeg

Never could get a decent picture of this guy, but he was really cool. Wouldn’t score worth a damn but such a unique buck:

A52AC6FB-170D-4F97-AA9A-332F5313B05F.jpeg

EE52FB3C-EAE8-40BE-8186-0FB8AA169ED9.jpeg
My SE MT mule deer from this year. I know he’s not the biggest buck out there but he was an old, fully mature animal and my first mule deer so I couldn’t be happier. He certainly made me work for it so that made the hunt that much more memorable. I now have a truly deep respect and admiration for these animals. Can’t wait to get back out there to chase them again! Happy new year to all!

“I know he’s not the biggest but....” No!!! Stop that nonsense. Great buck, no need to try and justify your first buck especially that one. Jesus people lol!!

I know he's not the biggest but IDGAF!!!

2020 Snowstorm Buck

TiKghHm.jpg

I appreciate the kind words, like I said, I couldn’t be happier with that buck. In fact, he is at my taxidermist as we speak. Hard to kill a mule deer like that in Ohio 😉
And Yes, this was a DIY hunt and all scouting & planning was done from 1,500 miles away via internet scouting and advice from this site. So thank you all!
I also know the sensitivity on this site about NR’s killing immature animals in Montana so I also feel like I am treading on thin ice here being a newbie Mule deer hunter from the Midwest. Maybe it’s just a sign of the times. Don’t mean to derail the thread. Keep the deer pictures rolling!

View attachment 168620
My SE MT mule deer from this year. I know he’s not the biggest buck out there but he was an old, fully mature animal and my first mule deer so I couldn’t be happier. He certainly made me work for it so that made the hunt that much more memorable. I now have a truly deep respect and admiration for these animals. Can’t wait to get back out there to chase them again! Happy new year to all!
Congrats!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back