Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Let's see some Mule Bucks

My best buck to date:

2009_Muledeer1r.jpg

I was hoping all you mule deer enthusiasts could help me out. How common is this? Thanks View attachment 134944View attachment 134945

Was there any sign that an antler had ever grown on the other side? Here are some more pictures of the one-antlered buck I posted earlier. He also had a gnarly base/brows. He had ten points on his one side- I got really excited for about five seconds and then I realized he was missing his other side. I was hoping he had just got injured that year and would grow his other side the following year. He disappeared until two years later when I found him chasing does late in the season. He still just had one side but it was smaller and even more deformed. Since it was confirmed that he was always going to be a one-antlered buck, my dad shot him. His body was extremely skinny and his teeth were deformed.
IMG_1518.JPG
IMG_1519.JPG

Was there any sign that an antler had ever grown on the other side? Here are some more pictures of the one-antlered buck I posted earlier. He also had a gnarly base/brows. He had ten points on his one side- I got really excited for about five seconds and then I realized he was missing his other side. I was hoping he had just got injured that year and would grow his other side the following year. He disappeared until two years later when I found him chasing does late in the season. He still just had one side but it was smaller and even more deformed. Since it was confirmed that he was always going to be a one-antlered buck, my dad shot him. His body was extremely skinny and his teeth were deformed.
View attachment 135141
View attachment 135142
Nope, slick on the right side. Nothing even attempting to grow. He has 17 points that are a inch or longer and a bunch of smaller ones. He is the biggest bodied deer I have ever shot, pushing close to 250 dressed. If mule deer teeth wear the same as eastern Whitetail’s, he was 5 or 6 1/2. He was also all scared up from fighting. With that big single antler, I don’t know if he was doing the a** kicking, straight between his opponent’s two antlers or he was getting the short end of the stick?? When I shot, I had no idea he only had one side. He snuck in below me tailing a doe and all I saw was huge head, neck and a little antler and I pulled the trigger. I had been in the woods for seven straight days and he was the first mature buck I had seen. When he took off and got in the open, then I could see his right side and my first thought was “No way, I didn’t shot off his right side🤬!” He stopped at about 100 yards and I put a second TTSX in him and he just stood there! After about 10 seconds he slowly walked 20 yards before falling over. What state did you guys get your dad’s buck in?

Nope, slick on the right side. Nothing even attempting to grow. He has 17 points that are a inch or longer and a bunch of smaller ones. He is the biggest bodied deer I have ever shot, pushing close to 250 dressed. If mule deer teeth wear the same as eastern Whitetail’s, he was 5 or 6 1/2. He was also all scared up from fighting. With that big single antler, I don’t know if he was doing the a** kicking, straight between his opponent’s two antlers or he was getting the short end of the stick?? When I shot, I had no idea he only had one side. He snuck in below me tailing a doe and all I saw was huge head, neck and a little antler and I pulled the trigger. I had been in the woods for seven straight days and he was the first mature buck I had seen. When he took off and got in the open, then I could see his right side and my first thought was “No way, I didn’t shot off his right side🤬!” He stopped at about 100 yards and I put a second TTSX in him and he just stood there! After about 10 seconds he slowly walked 20 yards before falling over. What state did you guys get your dad’s buck in?

Montana

View attachment 135141
View attachment 135142
Click Boom, hes cool!

I've seen that buck you just posted too. That first one from the Root was one of two giants killed by a Father and Son if I recall. Not very far from my house. mtmuley

Back