Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Let me tell you a story about a man named Jed

Doug

f8676271.jpg

Thats the view off my back porch. Coal company has a drill rig set up to drill me a new water well since their mining operations destroyed my wells twice in the past 2 years. The drill rig is at 450 ft deep now and has hit water. I was hoping they'd hit oil. I had my heart set on moving to Beverly Hills.

"I had my heart set on moving to Beverly Hills."

LMAO Im sure Beverly Hills would welcome you with open arm's.
You with all your firearm's and dead chit. :D :D

450 feet....they should be playing with the little kids in China!! At least they are "foot'n" the bill on this one because I don't even want to know what it would cost to sink a well that far down.

The cost is right around $6,000 to drill a well that deep. We have had to fight the coal company every step of the way to get the new wells drilled and a bigger bunch of liars I have never dealt with. As an example....they have told me that it doesn't take any more electricity to pump water from 30 feet deep or from 450 feet deep.....wtf? Anyone understand their line of reasoning on that one? Now I'm just wondering if the water from 450 ft deep comes out warm and tastes like brimstone. ;) How deep are the water wells where you live at?
Doug

Originally posted by Doug:
they have told me that it doesn't take any more electricity to pump water from 30 feet deep or from 450 feet deep.....wtf? Anyone understand their line of reasoning on that one? Doug
They're full of crap. To lift the water that far it will take more pump suction than it would to lift it 30'. Lifting further means lifting more which means bigger pump which means bigger motor which means more electricity. Or vise a versa a sub pump is gonna have to push it up further which once again leads to the senario I desribed.
If you want the exact figures I could probably get it from some of my old Boiler tech manuals (if I can find them). What size casing are they putting in.

Most of the wells here I know anything about were hand dug and can't be more than 100' down. Thats up in the mountains where I grew up.

It may not be a bad thing if the water comes up hot, you can alway's put filters on it, and you could also run it thru the house to keep it warmed up... Showers in it may not be a bad thing either, people pay big bucks for mineral baths... ;)

450' DAMN,,,Mine is only down 110'...We hit water at 40', then again at 85' then at 100' before we hit hard pan at 110'...

Make sure they test the water for everything including ant chit, and worm pee...

Hunterman(Tony)

A little wood and a bunch of dirt, and he can have the outdoor underground shelter to hell... :D

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back