Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Less than 50 days away...Black Hills!!!

Fellow Wiscosinite here.

We were bowhunting the 1st week of October. I missed a shot at this big boy.

It was a slow week hunting-wise. Very hot, full moon...I don't know. We didn't see as many deer as we normally do. Makes this miss sting a lot more.

Attachments

• IMG_3196.JPG
    IMG_3196.JPG
    500 KB · Views: 65
Fellow Wiscosinite here.

We were bowhunting the 1st week of October. I missed a shot at this big boy.

It was a slow week hunting-wise. Very hot, full moon...I don't know. We didn't see as many deer as we normally do. Makes this miss sting a lot more.

That one in the back doesn't look too bad either!!

Have fun, the BHs is a great whitetail hunt. The quality has been going up every year IMO. First trip I hunted out there was '99 I think and my buddies have been going out there longer than that. A couple of them just bought a cabin near Rochford. Been renting it each year since 05 or so so they figured why not buy it.

I'm going to bump this one up!! 2 weeks from today we roll west. Looks like the snow is gone for now and the temps are returning to normal this week. I hope they are still moving in 2 weeks!! I can't wait.
Your going to be in the Hills during prime time. Growing up in and hunting it for 20yrs I can count on 1 hand the number of bucks my father, brother and myself have shot in the first half of November

I'm going to bump this one up!! 2 weeks from today we roll west. Looks like the snow is gone for now and the temps are returning to normal this week. I hope they are still moving in 2 weeks!! I can't wait.

it looks like you’re going to nail the rut. It’s juuuuuust starting to ramp up in the hills.

Just left there Thursday and they are a courting. Three of us took 4 x 4's. Nephew got the nice one. Pretty good for the Hills. Watch out for the kitty kats. He saw one of those to.
Great deer. I would be super happy with one like that!!!

Just spent 3 days trying to get my daughters doe tag punched. She didn’t get a deer just due to her being 11 and trying to find deer in her scope. We had a wonderful time and an seen plenty of deer. My dad lives out there and behind his house virtually has no public access with out trespassing or the use of rock climbing gear. So the deer are very tame to say the least.( I don’t even hunt it when I have a tag they are so tame) Anyway all the deer we seen were just does no bucks in the area so. The rut is by no means 100% strong yet

Rut is going strong right now, nearly every doe I have seen has a buck in the area. Probably seen 20 4 pts, two 5x4, and one 5 pt. Not one would hit 120”.

Thanks mtmiller. Sounds like you are seeing deer. Hopefully the one you want will show up. Not sure a 120" would get the pass from us.

Just got back from our hunt in northern SD. In areas we saw bucks chasing does and in other areas, does were all alone and bucks were still hanging out together. If it isn't full rut yet in one area, it is dang close.

BTW, plenty of places to glass in the Hills. Kicked back right now eating lunch and watching about 50 elk on a hillside about 3/4 mile away. 18F4036B-A3C8-445B-A798-65D6A3BD71A9.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't have the pictures on this computer but we did get 2 bucks. Conditions were great but we did not see many deer. Day 1 we saw 2 bucks and killed them both. Brother in law shot an 11pt and I shot a 7pt. Both came to rattling so that was cool. I thought mine was an 8 but it didn't matter. Day 2 we drove 6 hours and walked into a few different spots to scout/rattle for fun and only saw 1 deer all day. I was shocked that we didn't see more deer. We are very happy with the bucks but figured we would see more deer. At night in town, we would see deer all over and some nice bucks pushing does but in the national forest, it was different. We met a guy who was surveying and he said numbers were down from past years??? Oh well, it was fun and we plan on building points again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back