Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Less than 50 days away...Black Hills!!!

i wouldn’t bet against me. But ya never know. They’re out there. By legit 140” deer you mean 125 right?
I mean not a 16” wide 4x4 with 7” g2s and 3” brows and 18” main beams . Which is the typical “nice” black hills bucks I see pics of

I mean not a 16” wide 4x4 with 7” g2s and 3” brows and 18” main beams . Which is the typical “nice” black hills bucks I see pics of
I would agree with you. That’s pretty typical of a decent one you’ll see there. Especially the 3” brows.

Go and have fun , I hope you have a great time and get a deer your happy with

Thanks. I'll be happy, man. I'm not really going there for antlers. I'm going there for the company and the beautiful change of pace. I don't take this hunting too seriously. I highly doubt I'll shoot one that's 140." They're around, but as you pointed out. Most are basket rack 4x4's.

Question about the logging layer on Onx. How old of a cut would you recommend hunting. I'm seeing some cuts from 2008 and older. I'm guessing cuts that are 1-3 years old would be best.

In my opinion, burns are better than logging cuts. I have seen a lot of whitetails in active cuts. Eating the stuff they cant get when timber is standing. Nothing beats a real ag field if you can find one. The higher the elevation, the more snow. I'm headed there on the 1st. Weather today indicated maybe warming by then and possibly into first week of November. Not an exact science though. I was once hunting the hills during a heavy snow and came across a burn. The whitetails were lining out and crossing it. It appeared this was the event that moved them to lower locales. I found the trail they were on, hid behind a tree and then shot the next doe to come down with my bow. That was around the 10th of October that year. Never know what is going to happen weather wise. Good luck.

Back