PEAX Equipment

Less than 50 days away...Black Hills!!!

wisconsinteacher

I head out to the Black Hills in less than 50 days. I can't wait to get out there and hunt whitetails!! I'm still digging into maps and OnX but so far I have 2 locations narrowed down. Everyone says, we will see deer, but it is hard to believe until you get there. Any last minute tips to hunting deer in the hills would be great. I'm a treestand guy so this will be very different for me.

Wyoming or South Dakota? I am flying up my wife to Rapid City for a long weekend halfway through my three week SE Montana (deer) / Wyoming(antelope doe) hunt. Little does she know that will also be a scouting trip for a future SD blackhills deer hunt. Good luck on ya'll hunt.

You will see deer around every turn of the road. If you want to shoot a 140" whitetail, you're gonna have to be patient. They are out there but tough to find. 120-125" are abundant and you'll see lots of them. Walk the ridges slow hunting.

Good luck!

I have 5 Black Hills and West River points. I haven’t been able to swing a SD trip yet so I keep buying preference points.

Hope to make it out next year for one of those hunts. Can’t wait!

I head out to the Black Hills in less than 50 days. I can't wait to get out there and hunt whitetails!! I'm still digging into maps and OnX but so far I have 2 locations narrowed down. Everyone says, we will see deer, but it is hard to believe until you get there. Any last minute tips to hunting deer in the hills would be great. I'm a treestand guy so this will be very different for me.
good luck man! Wave while you drive by!

If you are near Custer I recommend the black hills bun company for a burger!

Good luck!

I have 5 Black Hills and West River points. I haven’t been able to swing a SD trip yet so I keep buying preference points.

Hope to make it out next year for one of those hunts. Can’t wait!
Sitting on the same. Lot of guys say I should burn my Hills points on whitetails, but I just can’t do it

Thanks for the information. It is hard to imagine seeing the numbers of deer guys talk about. I grew up hunting public in WI and know what it is like to see very few deer durning rifle season. I would be very happy with a 120-125" buck!!!

I hope they are still rutting during Thanksgiving week.

When you guys hunt the hills, are you looking to cover a ton of ground fast or are you looking for big spots to sit and glass? In my mind I feel like we should be covering ground and then if we see deer or good sign, slow down or sit in that area. Does this sound right?

When you guys hunt the hills, are you looking to cover a ton of ground fast or are you looking for big spots to sit and glass? In my mind I feel like we should be covering ground and then if we see deer or good sign, slow down or sit in that area. Does this sound right?
You'll find very few places to glass from.

lol. You’ll see deer.dont expect a trophy. But they’re there. Most of all, have fun.
And leave that tree stand at home.

I’ll be out there on the 12th of Nov. staying as long as it takes.

Back