Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

"Leroy" is still hanging around

iminrut

I put up another camera, further up the creek bottom, to see if I could locate which direction he might be coming in from.......I got several of him in this new location.......here's the best one though....

1-Leroy_10-06.JPG

And then in my regualr cam location, I switched out batteries, and somehow screwed up the date/time stamp........didn't know it till i was downloading the pics off of the memory card.....looks like I'll have to go and reset it this weekend........

Here is the best pics out of that bunch.......I see he's starting to hang around some does now too......good deal.....

2-Leroy_10-06.JPG

3-Leroy_10-06.JPG

4-Leroy_10-06.JPG

5-Leroy_10-06.JPG

This past Wednesday morning was the closest I've come to closing the deal so far......I only needed about 10-15 more minutes as daylight started to break.......he came in while it was still too dark, making a ton of noise as he browsed along the corn field edge, and then split before I could get enough light....I could see him with my naked eye, but I still couldn't see the pins on my bow......one of thes days, I'm gonna hopefully catch him coming through a little to late........I'll be keeping you all posted......

good luck inrut...........is he making any scrapes yet?

Continued good luck on this guy. He's a great buck, having all these cam pictures of him will make it that much sweeter when you seal the deal.

JB said:
good luck inrut...........is he making any scrapes yet?

Early Wednesday morning, while it was too dark to see anything but shadows, there was a buck within 8-10 yards of me, scraping and thrashing some brush.......I could just barely see his silhouette, but I couldn't tell which buck it was.....maybe it was him ?!?

Nice width & long G-3's ...man, that kinda buck makes it fun to stay on stand.

well.....whats the report..?? been checking this forum waiting for you to give us some news on a daily bases:) I too am from ND. Been trying to kill a 160 class with my bow for a bout a week as I just found out his home core area so am hoping I can shoot a hawg as well. Keep us posted.

WND....I've been kinda letting things settle dowsn a bit, because I think maybe I was hunting the spot a little too hard.....but I do keep getting pics of him, I just haven't had time to upload and post any.....I have recently found some awesome rubs and have set a camera over them as well.......I will be going out tonight for the first time in a week........kinda excited.......I should have some more pics then as well.......I'll try to get some posted up.....;)

Keep at it iminrut. It's about that time of year for him to make a costly mistake!!

He definitely ain't camera shy, Greg......as of yesterday's batch, I now have 173 pics of him.....and he is squeeking ever closer to daylight during the evening, catching him in several pics at around 7:30pm:)

I'll post some new pics tonight.....

looks like another possible good buck in the background of the second to last picture..............got good pics of that one?

JB said:
looks like another possible good buck in the background of the second to last picture..............got good pics of that one?

He's a real high-racked 8-point....he's got tons of potential.....looks to be about 2.5 to 3 years old......I've got probably around 25-30 pics of him, that i am gonna keep just to track his progress.....hope he makes it through at least this year......I'll try to get a couple of him posted up as well...;)

WestND said:
What do you think the big one will score...mid 150's or do you think he's better.

Actually several of us have sat down while looking at all of the different angles of him......these last ones aren't very good indications of his size......he's got great tine length, good brows and mass....and wide with several kickers.......we all figure he should go in the 160's......and just maybe push the 170 gross mark...........he's got a 5x6 frame with a split left G2 to go with the xtras......

And what is cool, is he has a twin that showed up earlier in the year that was just a bit smaller......haven't seen the twin since early September though......

Plus his mainbeams are real good ....i sure hope you can get an opportunity before Rifle season starts...thats my problem its so open in my neck of the woods I'm afraid If I don't stick him soon he'll be toast in a couple weeks...I don't even have a tree in the area or I'd set my camera up over there and show you the one I'm after. He was in the mid to high 150's last year.....and just seems to be wider and heavier this year with the same point setup.....should go 5-10" more right in a year time wouldn't you think? last year no kidding he gained like 25"!!! NUTZ. I saw him 2 times this year and he didn't put no 25 inches on this time......Its crazy what they will grow in a year given a mild winter etc.

I don't even have a tree in the area or I'd set my camera up over there and show you the one I'm after.

drive a 2x4 in the ground.

JB said:
drive a 2x4 in the ground.

That's right......I make it a habit to always have a couple of wood posts in the back of my pickup......if I get to a place that doesn't have a couple trees to hang a camera on, I dig in my own posts......the majority of the pics I have of this one particular buck, are all from a camera mounted on one of these posts......;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back