Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Lemhi County, ID

mrmedora

Hey fellas,
I've got an acquaintance that I met through county commission meetings that ranches in Lemhi County, ID, but I have never discussed what the big game hunting is like there. Figured I'd ask around here to see if anyone here has any experience hunting in that part of Idaho. From what I can tell there sure is a lot of Forest Service there, which is good. Just curious if it's worth getting serious for applying out there or not? I really want to do an out of state hunt in the future, and figure I might have an "in" for a base camp there if it's worth pursuing.

Thanks guys,
Scott

Lemhi county?! I would pick any where else in Idaho but Lemhi county. The hills are too steep, wolves too thick and the air too clear. :D Not to mention you might get sidetracked by a fall run of steelhead. Just ask Lawnboy. It got to be so bad he had to move away.

Man I'd move back in a heart beat.:D Only wish I was older when I lived there to really enjoy the hunting opportunities that were available back then. Still an awesome place and I'm sure you could still find great hunting and fishing with a little effort.
I just told the wife that's where I want to retire if I ever can retire. The country is wicked steep though. That's a fact Jack. One of these days I'm going to get Randy to film us doing either a late hunt in unit 30 or an October hunt in 29

Last edited:
Bart, If Randy won't do it Horseback with you, Me and a couple of 70 year olds would be glad to join you with some stock.

I'd love to see Randy do a horseback elk episode deep into any of the back country units like 20A, 26, 27, 29 or 30. Hunt the rut with OTC rifle tags in some of the most incredible scenery out west.

Pretty sure I'd have to give him a bunch of Benadryl before I ever got him on a horse. I don't think he'd be opposed to leading one with gear packed but riding one would be a tall order.

Doesn't get much better than units 30 and 30a, if ya can draw the rifle tag. Steep? A bit, that's for sure. I think Mica man was getting pretty tired of having to wait on me catching my breath while packing elk out of there a few years back.

Thanks for the info guys, something I'm going to pursue next time we visit for sure. Sounds like the tune to the thread is that country has a few "hills". Thanks again, I'm looking forward to cultivating the opportunity to head to Idaho!
Scott

Nah, it ain't very steep...

stuff351_zpscdf9b3ed.jpg

The steep country I was referring to is more down along the salmon river. Great hunting but straight up and down

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back