Leki Trekking Poles

MT_BWHTR

These are on Camofire for just a bit longer. Anybody have any experience with these? Do they hold up well, comfortable grips, etc. I will be doing my first backpack hunting in the backcountry this fall, and I know I need some trekking poles. Thought I'd jump on this deal if its worth it.

Thanks!

https://www.camofire.com/index.php/Deals/1

I can't imagine a heavy pack and not having a good set of poles...

I broke a cheap pole in Alaska and spent the rest of the hunt wishing I had bought a better set.

I've had a pair of Leki Super Makalu for well over 15 years. I keep thinking I'll upgrade but until they break, I don't see the point.

Love my Leki's and think trekking poles are worth their weight in gold packing in and out of the backcountry

I have two sets of Leki corklite. I can't recall the miles I have put on them.

Seriously, besides my Zeiss classic 10X40 binoculars there is nothing more valuable to me than a good "light" set of trekking poles. Occasionally in my younger days like most other hunters I'd grab a stick along the way to navigate especially in steep slick terrain then toss it when not needed, but until about 10 years ago never really knew what a trekking pole was. The wear and tear on my body could have been reduced significantly with a good set of poles. They are invaluable and great to rest your bino's on when glassing.

Back