Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Leica CRF 900 Rangemaster

Mannell

Just wondered if anybody has one of these and what your thoughts are on it. I need a rangefinder before I head west in Oct. Looking for some quality without breaking the bank.

Ive got the 1200 version and have had accurate ranges up to 1370 so im sure the 900 would actually get to 1000.

Absolutely love mine.

It doesn't look like they have any of that "angle technology" but now sure how valuable that really is

I read on the 'fire about some issues they had early on. The rumor was that when you sent a defective 900 back, you got a 1200 . Evidentally the 1200s were issue free.

It might be hard to find a 900 now as Leica discontinued both that on eand the 1200 in favor of the new CRF 1600. That one runs about 8 bills....but it has angle, temp and pressure readouts.

If I could get a deal on one I might bite...otherwise I'll stick with my cheap "disposible" Nikon . You might also want to look at the Ziess PRF. I've played with that one and it's awesome.

Leica

I did not have the 900, but I did have the 800 and it was great. Ranged everything that I wanted to just shy of 900 yards. I sold my swarovski binos and my 800 and bought a pair of the newer Geovids. They are awesome. I figure I will never have to buy another pair of binos in my lifetime. I got the 8x42s used for 1650.00 off ebay several years ago. My buddy bought the 10x42s for 1500.00.

If I could get a deal on one I might bite...otherwise I'll stick with my cheap "disposible" Nikon .

I found the Leica 900 for $430. I also found one of the "disposibles"....Nikon 550 Riflehunter for $230. May go the cheap route initially but not sure.

Thanks for the input guys.

Maybe I'm not super steady, but I've found Nikon's range rating to be very optimistic on their part. I rarely read over 500 with my 600 rated unit.

I found the Leica 900 for $430. I also found one of the "disposibles"....Nikon 550 Riflehunter for $230. May go the cheap route initially but not sure.

Thanks for the input guys.

THe Nikon RH1000 is only $30 dollars more (wholesale). I would go for that over a 550.

Keep an eye on ebay...there are deals out there.

I just picked up an 800 LRF off ebay for $270. I love it so far and got a reading of 945yds with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheWolf
Back