Caribou Gear Tarp

Leftover Javelina tags

dirtclod Az.

AZGF still has a couple thousand Javelina tags leftover,General season Archery and H.A.M. hunts.
Nov. 19th mail in only and Nov.26 First come first served.:cool:

Correct,It's supposed to be a "Primative Weapons"hunt.Although some of the handguns are more high tech. than primative.Muzzleloaders are getting pretty modernized also.:cool:

I picked up a leftover ham javelina tag. I noticed that azgf cashed my check, but I haven’t received the mailed tag. How long does it take them to mail a leftover tag after cashing?

I picked up a leftover ham javelina tag. I noticed that azgf cashed my check, but I haven’t received the mailed tag. How long does it take them to mail a leftover tag after cashing?

Used to be about a month. If you dont get it in time, you can stop by the local AZG&F office near your unit and pick one up. What hunt did you get?

Should be in hand by now.Call 602 942 3000 they will hook you up.:cool
Opener this AM!

Thanks for the info. I got 19b. Currently figuring out logistics and access.

Dang, that's a tough unit for piggies. Nothing is impossible though. They can be found up to 6000 ft, so you may find them in the national forest land. I'd call the game warden, but he/she will probably give you the same info that is on the AZGFD website. That info is usually pretty accurate if you haven't already looked at it.

I’ve got a couple of spots on the map plotted based on azgfd information, access and space to roam around if plan A spot is a bust. I would have preferred a southern unit but the game plan is to get dropped off while family tours about.

I've always wanted to hunt Javelinas. What would be the major difference between hunting them in spring versus fall?

Back