Caribou Gear Tarp

Lazer Eye Surgery

DRAFTSTUD

Maybe it's just too much work, but I really would like to hear from the people who have had this surgery.....I mean this is how I make a living! I have had Tri-Focals for a few years and Bi-Focals for around 25 years. I can see far off, but forget trying to do anything close in. Thats why I always get the Big Momma Monitors!!! Anybody with any stories? John:confused:

Talk to Big Fin, I know he pondered it for many years and just had it done recently. He's not cross-eyed anymore and can walk in a straight line finally so I think he's happy. :D

I had it done 5 years ago. I would do it again in a heartbeat! There's nothing like waking up in the morning and not having to reach for your glasses to see what time it is. It's definitely worth every penny in my opinion.

Stud:

I just had it done on Thursday. Woke up and thought I was dreaming. I could see.

Actually, my vision was not too bad. Go to an optometrist and they will tell you if you are a good candidate.

They said I was a great candidate. Nearsighted, no astigmatism (sp?), thick corneas (to go with thick skull), and not overly blind.

Not sure how they would rate someone who is farsighted, as you explain.

Now I can see Spitz's outline from a distance, so I guess I have no excuses the next time I shoot him with a load of #4 lead shot at fifty yards.

It is amazing. I am 20/20 both near and far. Was always fine close up, but my distance vision was weakening.

If they say you are a good candidate, I suspect you will really like the results.

my wife had it done about 5 years ago i think, but maybe it was longer out than that because it was still fairly new at that time.
Her procedure did not go well... Seems she moved or something and she is stuck with glasses and contacts forever or until they can fix it with newer stuff.

Man that sucks, I have never heard of a bad surgery before.

My wife was like JohnSWA she was so freakin excited in the morning looking at the clock. I guess I take alot of things for granted.

I had it done a 18 months ago and love it. The only thing is it's only to help you see at a distance, it doesn't or they can't help you with up close stuff. Check it out but I'm pretty sure that is how it works, but I'm no Doc. The TLC center that I went to gives free exams for your initial check to tell you wether or not you would be able to get it done.

schelmster

Whoops, I didn't see that you are farsighted. Guess what? I was farsighted too! I also had astigmatism. One thing about being farsighted is that the healing time is a little longer and a bit more painful that the nearsighted folks. All this being said, I'd still do it again after experiencing the incredible results. PM me for more info if you like, but it's definitely worth it!

I had it done a 18 months ago and love it. The only thing is it's only to help you see at a distance, it doesn't or they can't help you with up close stuff. Check it out but I'm pretty sure that is how it works, but I'm no Doc. The TLC center that I went to gives free exams for your initial check to tell you wether or not you would be able to get it done.

schelmster

Not true. The only thing they tell you is that after a period of time, you will need reading glasses. It's a natural process of aging. I'm embarrased to say that at 42 I just bought my first pair of Cheaters at Walgreens for $10 and only need them when I have to read small print. You will definitely notice a difference when you try to read close up. I had a good 5 years of novel reading and textbook studying, so in closing as a former farsighted person, I say GO FOR IT!!!!

My wife had it done earlier this year. Prior to the surgery, without glasses or contacts, she fell in the category or legally blind. She was a -8.75 with astigmatism. Following the surgery, she has 20/20 vision. She does have a little problem with "halos" at night around lights, but she couldnt be happier with the results! Im just happy that her parents paid for it!

Back