Lathrop & Sons Boots???

Fatrack

Hey Guys,

I just found out I was the lucky recipient of a Lathrop & Sons pair of boots or at least a gift certificate for some portion of the boots...thanks to our friends at Eastman's. Do any of you had a pair or know anything about them?

I tried a pair of their Hanwag Alaskan boots this past year and the workmanship on them looked top notch. Very quality boot, they just didn't fit me quite as good as a pair of Meindl's that I was trying out at the same time. They were very helpful throughout the process. For sure a class act of a business.

Hey Guys,

I just found out I was the lucky recipient of a Lathrop & Sons pair of boots or at least a gift certificate for some portion of the boots...thanks to our friends at Eastman's. Do any of you had a pair or know anything about them?

I read your article, great story and pics bud and congrats on the gift certificate

Best boots I've ever owned. I used to go through 1-2 pair of danners a year. I get to spend a lot of time in the woods for work. I got tired of going through pair after pair and decided to look for something else. I have foot problems and the inserts never fit right into any boots I ever bought. I went and had some molds of my feet made and completed the drawings they ask for $15 out of pocket. Sent them in and had a couple phone conversations with them as to the problems I was having. 3 weeks later I had their custom fit Hanwag Alaskan boots at my door $640 out of pocket. More than I thought I would ever spend on a pair of boots. I use them for work every day, so they were written off on taxes. I have put them through a hard 2 years and they are still more comfortable than my any pair of shoes I own. About the same amount I would have spent on the danners over the same time. I had one problem with the first pair and sent them back to be fixed. 1 week later a brand new pair showed up at my door. Best customer service I have ever had with a boot company. Great to talk to on the phone and every question or concern is answered.

Nice Deer in your Eastmans' article for sure!

Have never bought boots from them but I have met a couple who have. Top notch outfit I hear.
If the gift certificate is significant I would look into their Silver or Gold packages on the Alaskan. I would love to have a custom fitted boot!

If you do it report back and tell us.

I haven't had any of their Hanwag boots, but did get a pair of Meindl's and footbeds from them prior to that. I will be getting my next pair of hard use boots from them. IMO, their food bed is for real and the most comfortable I have ever used. Great guys to work with.

Congrats Fatrack. Saw the pics, but haven't read the article yet. Good luck on the boots.

Thanks guys. Well I just found out that I am going to gett a whopping $150 gift certificate! I shouldn't kick the gift horse in the mouth...but, frankly not real happy with how the whole thing went down with the crew in WY. It was kinda wierd how it all came about but they got a picture of the deer and asked if they could put it on the cover of an upcoming issue. I was definately interested....it would be pretty cool to be on the cover of a good magazine AND they have a pretty sweet prize package for that cover shot. After a few calls from them requesting the high res pictures and story, I finally sat down, wrote it out and sent it in with all the pics. A couple weeks before it was supposed to come out, they called and said that the pics weren't high enough quality/resolution for the cover so they were going to put it somewhere else. I didn't think much about it, but...i use an Olympus 10 megapixel camera that takes some good quality photos. Anyways...the rest is history and now I need to figure what to do with at $150 gift certificate for a pair of boots that run in the $300 range. To complicate things a little bit more...about a month ago I bought a new pair of Schnees Beartooths!

Let's see a picture of this bait and switch buck! :D Does he have some massive tangs and lots of trash? A friend of mine has those boots and he likes them.

Get a footbed and 1/2 dozen pr of socks and call it good. Nothing wrong with the boots you just got.

It's easier to just post pictures and story on this site. You won't get a gift card but you might pick up a few jealous stalkers:D

The Eastman's thank you for helping them pay their mortgage I'm sure:rolleyes:

greenhorn....well, he has a bit of elephantitis of the horn...so thats pretty cool

mtmiller....you're spot on, thats what i just ordered, except I could only get 5 pairs of socks

lawnboy...yup, this group is my style

Lawnboy....Wow, good spot! Thats been my lucky huntin hat since the whole thing rose and fell! I ended up on the good side :confused: I think :rolleyes: I still talk to both, but certainly much more to the one in Paradise V.

"The Rise and Fall of Kleevil"...sounds like a good movie title. At least we know there would be a nude scene. :)

Hell of a buck.

were you lucky enough to get involved?

Tyler and I went to school together and then he worked for me for 4 years. We've had a few wild hunts together. Since he moved over there I talk to him a few times a year. He's getting some incredible cat footage this year:eek: He actually tracked one down 2 days ago without dogs and videoed it in it's bed. It wouldn't run. He's a bit nuts for me:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back