Late Season CO Cow for Youth?

drthornton

My Cousin's son age 17(guess that make him my 1st cousin once removed) drew a cow Elk tag for unit 181 this year(his first Elk Hunt, they live in the Denver area). He is quite a sharp young man and was unable to attend. He is trying to get into the Air Force Academy and had his interview with a CO Senator and his ACT test which conflicted with the planned hunt.

My first question is...as I read it, a youth hunter can use his unfilled cow tag in any season after 4th in any unit in the state that has a season after 4th as long as he abides by the rules of the said tag. i.e. He can cow hunt a unit with a late cow tag (non PLO) with his existing tag. True?

My cousin asked me to help him research an alternative for him. After reading the late hunt youth option I immediately thought of the high end units 2/10/201. I did a quick analysis of the available Late Cow hunts and their 4 year success rates. Course all these showed up at the top of my sort. Not only are they high success but this may be their only chance in their lives to ever hunt those units....even as residents.

So could anyone give some info on a Late Cow Hunt in NW CO?

Thanks

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back