Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Lansky

idnative1948

Sis dropped me off another box out of dad's hunting cabinet. Among assorted knives, there was a new Lansky 3-stone sharpener (one of us kids must have given it to him as a gift). Having never used anything but a stone, are they worth having or put in the sale box?

One of my favorites, keeps the same bevel edge for the type of knife you are using
You can use a stone or stick to touch up in between, razor edge comes back quickly.

One of my favorites, keeps the same bevel edge for the type of knife you are using
You can use a stone or stick to touch up in between, razor edge comes back quickly.

What is the difference between the 3-stone and 4-stone? Does the 4-stone have a super-fine?

Man, what a great sharpener !! It takes a little more time to do a knife but when you are done watch out, very sharp! I love mine and do sharpen all mine before season, they will go through a lot of animals.. The stones go from rough to super smooth! Just depends on how bad your edge is!! You don't have to use all the stones very time!! great tool.

Thanks gents! Sounds like a keeper then. Probably reason it is still NIB is that dad was and taught us old school, just keep a stone in your pocket or pack and dress your knife when you are skinning so you don't take your edge clear off. Not saying this is right, just how we were taught.

Ya I know what ya mean, my old man was the same way. It is a good sharpener, you will like it!

Like highmountain I sharpen my knife in the beginning of the season and then touch it up with a stone to keep the edge. I would keep it if you don't have one.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back