Yeti GOBOX Collection

Land swap would create 38,000-acre public block in SE Wyo

Any details (or WY guys) familiar with the scattered BLM parcels being offered up? Seems like a fair deal but would be good to confirm from sportsmen in the area.

I've hunted on the Mule Creek Ranch. I like the current set-up where it's a HMA with foot/horse access only and limited bull hunting. I want to know more details.

Not all of those are land locked. I'd be more into it if those blm sections that are currently accessible remain blm. There's only a handful of them..

They are not considering any parcels that have public access. I mis spoke above, the map shows all small BLM parcels in the area and they pared it down to landlocked parcels and will further pare down to those that the current lessee would want to buy after the exchange.
They will not put forth any parcels with public access.

Not sure how I feel about this swap. Does anyone know if the mule creek is currently grazed by cattle? I didn't see any when I have hunted it in the past. I think it would be great if they could maintain the way mule creek is managed now, and not lose any of the BLM sections, even though they aren't accessible. Probably a narrow minded view on my part though.

They are not considering any parcels that have public access. I mis spoke above, the map shows all small BLM parcels in the area and they pared it down to landlocked parcels and will further pare down to those that the current lessee would want to buy after the exchange.
They will not put forth any parcels with public access.
The map you shared is of the diamond lake and Laramie river HMA. Will those HMA go away?

I care more about access and wildlife than who actually holds the deed. I can hunt the Mule Creek Ranch already. I’d rather see some effort into gaining access to the landlocked BLM and state land 12 miles northwest of the Mule Creek Ranch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back