Caribou Gear

Lack of ammo going to be a problem?

Bigjay73

I'm fortunate to have plenty of reloading components to last me through years end, but how many guys wait till the last minute to buy ammo for sighting in and hunting? Don't know about where the rest of you are, but here in Colorado, the cupboards are bare. Anyone think this could have a serious effect on those who don't already have a few boxes on hand?

It is impacting me. I bought a new gun and it should be ready after assesorizing it here in a week or two hopefully. I started last weekend looking for a few factory rounds to start messing around with to find which it likes the best and it's slim pickings. Shelves are pretty bare right now

I'm fortunate to have plenty of reloading components to last me through years end, but how many guys wait till the last minute to buy ammo for sighting in and hunting? Don't know about where the rest of you are, but here in Colorado, the cupboards are bare. Anyone think this could have a serious effect on those who don't already have a few boxes on hand?

Unless you're hunting with a .223, .22LR, or a 9mm, ammo stocks seem to be sufficient wherever I've been, and the non-mainstream calibers never ran out...

My hunting buddy owns a small gunshop. He hasn't been able to get ammo for months. Steady stream of customers asking for everything from from .22 to .30-06. NOTHING available !! He can't even get waterfowl loads. His wholesalers advise that the lack of workers throughout the entire supply chain is the problem. Time to get out of the foxholes and get back to work. The politicians and media should be ashamed of the mess they are causing.

Dove season will be challenging since takes about a box of ammo to get 1 dove 😂. For big game 1 box last all year so no worries there.
You been watchin me dove hunt? The shortage in stores in my area is pretty bad although I've been able to order everything I needed online excluding 165 gr partitions.

Trying out muzzleloader for first time this year, absolutely zero lead and powder anywhere close to Wichita. I did find a little gun shop about 45 mins that has kept up stock, the drive is worth it and they're good people.

The shops in my area are stocked up on everything except 380, 9mm, and 223. I reload everything so unless there becomes a powder shortage I should be in good shape. I just hope people don’t start hoarding all the black powder or flintlock season might be tough.

Ammo?.. I’ll manage.. got enough loaded to burn through the barrel of the barrel burner. H1000 check, .284 vlds... check..

Last edited:
The shops in my area are stocked up on everything except 380, 9mm, and 223. I reload everything so unless there becomes a powder shortage I should be in good shape. I just hope people don’t start hoarding all the black powder or flintlock season might be tough.
I haven't looked into too much powder, but when I went to buy a lb of TAC the other day, the counter guy said I'd be lucky if they had any, that their supplies were low. They had 1 left. This was at Sportsman's, maybe other stores are fairing better

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back