KUIU Packs

Perfect for 90% of people IMO. If you plan on packing serious weight multiple times per year Id lean towards Kifaru, Stone Glacier or EXO.

The Kuiu Ultra 6000 does not look like it would last a lifetime of hauling out meat.
See 9:28-10:15 of this youtube video....Backpack Teardown Video
Seams scored a "F", Zippers scored an "F", Frame scored an "F"

Mystery Ranch seems much more 'bombproof", and seems more likely to last a lifetime.
I am biased as I have used my Dana Designs backback (now the company is Mystery Ranch)
hauling meat for over 25 years in Alaska with no failures, no complaints.

New to backcountry hunting and bought the 5200 PRO and absolutely love it.. Im a bigger guy and tried the EXO and was to small for my frame and also tried the Eberlee and just seemed to heavy

Are Kuiu packs made in China like their clothes?
There are some excellent USA made packs: Exo, Stone Glacier, Seek Outside, etc.

I know the Kuiu Carbon fiber frames are made in the USA. Their bags might be made overseas.

Are Kuiu packs made in China like their clothes?
There are some excellent USA made packs: Exo, Stone Glacier, Seek Outside, etc.
Don't forget Kifaru. Also asking because I don't know, but are Exo, Stone Glacier, Seek Outside 100% American made and utilize American components, or do they use foreign components and "assembled" in USA??

Don't forget Kifaru. Also asking because I don't know, but are Exo, Stone Glacier, Seek Outside 100% American made and utilize American components, or do they use foreign components and "assembled" in USA??

Mine ICON PRO squeaks at times.....not sure what the deal is there, but I've heard the same complaint by others. I do like the ability to switch out bag sizes. But, I am going to try Stone Glacier on the next go around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back