Kodiak Brownie Down...and out.

BRWNBR

Had a client nail this bear last week, april 18 couldn't get him outa the hole he died in so the pics not that great but you can get the idea from it.
Squared out at 9'10" and fish and game got his skull at 27.5", guessed age at 8 years old and he was the 10th bear sealed on kodiak so far this year. Just thought i'd share the pic.

bearcreek.jpg

alot...lol
hard to say, never weighed it but i'd say he was right around 100 with the head and paws pulled and fleshed pretty decent.

Very nice Jake. Way to pull the bears out of the den for the client.

Hopefully the sheep hunt will be as lucky.

Putting in for the fall hunt in the areas I'll be hunting for deer and goat. Don't expect to draw, but will never find out if I don't put in for it.

Congrats Jake.

TB, mighta been me, a boat was loaded wtih bycatch and had abotu 20 eagles in it, was takin' a couple of pics, i'll be back down in a few days.
Thanks guys, just enjoy the pics and dream big!!
Tbone, sheep don't den...you know that geez....;)

moosie, PM me with a number your looking for and i'll put you on the list if you'd like, usually this stuff happens in early early spring, like last week....;)

Nice!! I can just envision the work involved getting that thing out of there. The hunter looked pretty spent already. :) Congrats on knocking down another one.

lol@spent, ya he was burnt out to, just trying to get in the right place at the right time on kodiak is way worse than dall sheeping hunt, that place is unreal. Just trying to pull the bear outa the hole finished the client off, you can see him sitting on his leg, if he leg go the bear would just flop back into the water....best we could do....got wet skinning needless to say.

I've hunted Kodiak for Deer. It was awesome fighting the brush :D When I come hunting with you...... (maybe real soon :D) I will kill the bear in the exact pose I want to take the picture in. If he moves, I will knife him or move him with my bare hands. Thats how I roll :D :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back