Knives - Show Me

knives.jpg
Top, Left to Right - Dunn Skinner my FIL gave me, Knife my best friend had made for me, small Skinner my wife gave me
Bottom, small skinner I bought in Colorado years ago, Hand-me-down skinner that's probably 80-100 years old. I use the one I bought the most as Im afraid of losing any of the others but they've all seen use.
For processing at home I use dexter russel fillet knives.

These are my EDCs. They have gutted and quartered many animals, even my cow bison.
Made by a local guy here in Laramie.
They have titanium liners and scales, not sure on blade material but light and sharp. Frame locks as well.
As you can see they need a touch up, lol. They did some skinning yesterday.

Nice looking knives guys !

DSCN3510 (3) copy.jpg

Bought this knife off ebay several years ago to replace my dad's that was stolen from his truck when I was elk hunting back in the seventies. It's a 1930s KaBar somewhat older than Dad's (his had finger grooves in stacked leather handle). A boot repair shop in Havre made the sheath for me last year and hardly charged enough to pay for the leather (Red Wing shop on the main drag at east end of town). I still need to dye it. The knife is easy to sharpen and holds a blade fairly well. Great shape for doing just about everything. I think of Dad everytime I use it.20201213_112434.jpg

These are my EDCs. They have gutted and quartered many animals, even my cow bison.
Made by a local guy here in Laramie.
They have titanium liners and scales, not sure on blade material but light and sharp. Frame locks as well.
As you can see they need a touch up, lol. They did some skinning yesterday.

Nice looking knives guys !

View attachment 166019
I just got a DS Barry knife this past hunting season! Great fixed blade for me. Worked well this fall

I know it is a knife thread, but would love to see the rifle, claro or bastogne, superb touch the case hardened shroud, the checkering is nice too, I know from experience how hard it is to do boaderless curves like that! Oh, by the way the flow in the Damascus is exceptional, stabalized birdseye maple for scales?

I have never been a fan of Mauser actions. They have about a pound of extra steel you don’t need in the bolt. Some of that weight has been eliminated and a thumb safety was installed. This was such a nicely built gun, I bought it anyway and then I had a local gunsmith case color the bolt shroud, grip cap and butt plate. Overall, the gun is exceptional, with the touch of a craftsman that is capable of classic lines and checkering...

637A7E87-0170-4662-92E6-E1EF5DCC7504.jpegF0C2E0BB-37EC-4C31-9240-453529ABA231.jpeg

Last edited:
The knife is a testament to the craftsmanship of Dave Kauffman as you can see the consistency of the Damascus in the knife and the grinding of the blade that gives a uniform pattern on the blade. The scales are stabilized burl Box Elder...

163EA8EE-3507-4900-9ADA-BFA9B86D7CE6.png

I had this one made about a year ago by Stephen Williamson of Bodkin Blades. It turned out a little beefier than I'd hoped. Although it rode my belt during a UP bird camp and Northern Maine hunt its not seen any use. Might find it a new home someday.

Attachments

• 20220518_110253.jpg
    20220518_110253.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 10
Aaron Sybrant custom Hunter. I'm excited to get this hopefully into a Black Bear this month or next!

1652900778565.png

Another Cross: Boys Hunter in Rams Horn. I didn't think I'd like this but when it was given to me I fell in love. My EDC and I'll be taking it into the mountains for sheep probably since it is so light and sharp.
1652900976312.png
Lon Humphrey Minigun in Desert Ironwood from my lovely bride and a Strider SnG from a friend (I bought it but he made me one great deal) Love the blade on that Minigun and I'm carrying today as in the knife communities I'm in it is "Wood(scale) Wednesday".
1652901074979.png
the collection - I have sold 2-3 of these and am Carrying the big Moran Bowie on top for Bear Baiting right now - I may move a couple more here soon and cut this back a little.
1652901205347.png

And one final one: Two beautiful Sheep Horn Fancy Knives on part of a Moose Backstrap. All knives are workin knives!
1652901310206.png
And with that I'll be done for now.....

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back