Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

KHunter WY 2020 antelope

Third time was a charm. First saw it Monday night at last light a mile and a half away. Camped there and found again Tuesday morning. Tried decoying a couple other buck before h7nting this one cuz they were on the way. One came in to 70 or so yards.

Anyway after two failed stalks mid morning, and searching all over while glassing a ton more bucks rutting all over, finally found this buck again early afternoon as was hiking back toward truck to regroup and make a new plan. Buck was 3/4 mile away walking away, but then bedded, alone, at toe of a slope along a long ridge. I figured he would be about 60 yards away at the point I would be visible to him trying to drop down into bow range.

He could see me as a crossed the drainage he was in, still 3/4 mlle away and stayed put. The plan was to get up on the ridge where he cannot see me and hustle the 3/4 mile and deop down on him in my decoy outfit. Darned if it did not work out exactly as planned. Still kinda shocked and happy about it. Shot was 43 yards steep downhill. The buck stood up as I was crawling down closer to him and pondered and me my antelope attire me just a hair too long. He was edgy to be sure and thiught he might bolt. Again this was during rifle season with no hunters around (all tagged out in first few days no doubt) and I did also have on orange for the stalk to keep it legal and safe. A great time on a solo hunt.

Next thread to post when get some time will be a whole ‘nuther kind of archery goat hunt. The high alpine kind...

0EF32B0E-47AC-4EF1-80C4-7663886B647F.jpeg
BE70BAAF-3C41-4613-B1AB-5FB050FF6DC0.jpeg
62EC2315-B2AF-4221-8C4A-F6AF092F3240.jpeg

DF666103-2725-41AC-8F20-95AD8205EE3D.jpeg

And another extraordinary sunset...

E7EFF07C-E7CB-4D7C-AEA2-7E7133FDD21F.jpeg

Last edited:
Nicely done! Is that an alphamax? I still miss mine, loved that bow

Wonderful story with a great outcome!
No thanks on the sleeping arrangement. Slept under the stars once in Canada about 1970......the morning dew soaked the sleeping bag for the rest of the trip!

Congrats on the successful adventure!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back