KHunter 2022 ID bull and CO cow moose hunts

I was getting a weight on everything just out of curiosity but took the straps, tenders and both briskets (cantvwaitvto cook) home to process my self per usual. Adds up to 463.5 pounds. Not sure if that is hefty or not but borrowibg s freezer from @Dinkshooter today till @abqbw comes by after @Gerald Martin sheep hunt to pick up his half.

Dink's no Chad.

Question for anyone. Which of those above are considered brow tines, none? I'm lost on moose.
I don’t believe any of those are brow tines. Brow tines have to emerge off the brow palm or the base. Tough to tell with the picture regarding the right side but I don’t think they exist. Very cool old bull no matter if he has brows or not.

This won’t get it done. need to go shopping for better vessel.

I can see by something shiny and new and using a metal blade with a sawsall accounting wife mentioned to get it to work right. even cutting out slots on this one won’t work because the top circumference diameter is 24 inches and the bottom is a few inches less and the head just won’t fit across horizontally.

I see the challenge of not boing out the color on the horns while trying to get the top and upper back of the head in water.

more suggestions welcome.

Final story of finding this bull and stalking him and killing him or coming up but I gotta keep moving to cleaning up the mess being successful makes.3F33EAC7-9CD4-4964-892C-06B7BBE070DD.jpeg

This won’t get it done. need to go shopping for better vessel.

I can see by something shiny and new and using a metal blade with a sawsall accounting wife mentioned to get it to work right. even cutting out slots on this one won’t work because the top circumference diameter is 24 inches and the bottom is a few inches less and the head just won’t fit across horizontally.

I see the challenge of not boing out the color on the horns while trying to get the top and upper back of the head in water.

more suggestions welcome.

Final story of finding this bull and stalking him and killing him or coming up but I gotta keep moving to cleaning up the mess being successful makes.View attachment 243672
Could work. Make a pad of shop towels or paper towels and put it over the top to wick that hot water up over the exposed part of the skull. I’ve had to do some big/odd shaped skulls that way and it works. You can cover the towels with foil to help hold the heat if you need.

Edit: the only pic I have where you can kind of see. I just tuck it right under the bases, and use enough to cover all exposed skull and hold a decent amount of hot water.

857581B7-B05C-4546-8A79-D0AF3109CF18.jpeg

Or buy a bigger vessel works too 😁

What’s the rough score on that thing? When I had a shiras tag I spent a lot of pre hunt time obsessing over what it took to equal a B&C. From what I remember the ones like yours with the big brow palms really add inches.

My skull taxidermist uses a sous vide, with the outlet fed into a tube to direct the near-boiling water over the exposed skull cap without touching the antlers. He says there’s almost no other way to get a moose right, since the angles you’ve got to work with.

Last edited:
Back