KHunter 2022 ID bull and CO cow moose hunts

Wouldn’t be the first time that has happened in that part of the world
I found a dead moose hanging in a makeshift log swing last fall while guiding a moose hunter in Colorado. I smelled it first and we followed our noses Pretty weird thing to see a moose half off the ground in the middle of the national forest and odd way to go for sure. He didn't appear to struggle much based on the ground around him. I was surprised he couldn't break the ropes. I reported it to CPW and went back a couple weeks later and retrieved the horns and skull. I left a piece of rope attached to the horns.

Attachments

• moose swing 1.jpg
    moose swing 1.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 123
  • moose swing 2.jpg
    moose swing 2.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 123
Sitting on top of the two bulls. 70 yards? and they are inches over the pvt boundary. asked the owner for access back in June. nope.

doe and fawns just walked between us started hopping around and blowingvto beat the band. seriously?

i have the cool river at my back waiting them (bulls) out.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. Good luck Kirby! Go kill that big bull he's a beauty.

i have a mean curve ball bow shot I do to encourage them to run correct way.

Of course the smokepole is in the truck instead of here where needed for a close to the line DRT shot.

landowner just shooting guns straight away from me and bulls. maybe helpful. lol. maybe trying to intimidate me knowing I am down here?

Last edited:
i have a mean curve ball bow shot I do to encourage them to run correct way.

Of course the smokepole is in the truck instead of here where needed for a close to the line DRT shot.

landowner just shooting guns straight away from me and bulls. maybe helpful. lol. maybe trying to intimidate me knowing I am down here?
After you kill the big bull be sure to send thank you text for pushing him to BLM.

After you kill the big bull be sure to send thank you text for pushing him to BLM.
Had that happen to a buddy about 8 years ago. He’d been watching a big muley that would go from private across private he had permission and back onto locked up private to bed. The buck was hanging out with a doe where he couldn’t hunt when the neighboring landowner who didn’t like him honked his horn a bunch to chase it further onto locked private. Instead, that spooked them the other way to where he was and he shot a 190” muley. 😂. Ya just never know. Good luck khunter!

Had that happen to a buddy about 8 years ago. He’d been watching a big muley that would go from private across private he had permission and back onto locked up private to bed. The buck was hanging out with a doe where he couldn’t hunt when the neighboring landowner who didn’t like him honked his horn a bunch to chase it further onto locked private. Instead, that spooked them the other way to where he was and he shot a 190” muley. 😂. Ya just never know. Good luck khunter!
Sometimes that suburban hunting takes some unorthodox hunting methods. mtmuley

still on the prowl for the bulls. no akeeter juice so paying the price. The exsanguination blues brandon calls it. skeeters are thick!

hoping bulls show themselves.
Paying for that bull in blood!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back