ketchup/catsup on steaks

Fine, I'll break the trend with my unrefined palate ... I don't like the taste of deer very much, so venison steak gets ketchup or a dollop of Sweet Baby Ray's almost every time. In fact, there's a bottle reaching room temperature on the counter right now in anticipation of the deer loin chops I'm getting ready to fry.

Elk steak gets sauced when it's overdone or tough. Beef almost never gets a condiment other than horseradish on prime rib, but it's rare that we eat beef around here.

I agree with Buc, like ketchup on burgers and dogs. If I'm putting sauce on steak it's because it had poor marbeling, or was over-cooked. Either way, I'm not enjoying the steak as much as I wish I was.

If I am at Denny's restaurant I will put anything on that steak to make it taste better. :D Now if it wasn't so tough.

Why eat a steak if you're going to cover the flavor with something? My dad pup ketchup on steaks when we were kids and we could never figure out why. On the other hand, meat loaf is not meat loaf without ketchup. Mmmmm.

I don't use ketchup on steaks, but I couldn't care less if someone else does. Some people have 20/20 vision, some don't...same goes for taste.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back