Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

KENETREK Question??

earlybird

I acquired a brand new set of Ken MTN extreme 400's here recently and have not worn them yet. I do a lot of coyote hunting in cold temps. do those of you that wear KEN think it would be worth me selling the 400's and getting the 1000's or is it not worth the hassel. Or maybe neither will be warm enough for sitting through a stand for 30 min?? Your thougts? Thanks for the input..

I'm talking temps of 20 to -20.

If I do sell them I will give guys a chance on this site first. They are 10.5's

I love my Kenetrek NI for mule deer/elk hunting, but I wouldn't wear them for what you're doing.

for doing sit hunts there are way better options for much cheaper prices. kenetrek make awesome hunting/hiking boots but you need some seriously insulated boots to keep those piggys warm on sit hunts.

I have had 400 Kenetrek for 5 years now.
Being lace to the tow you can make a lot of space for a GOOD pear of wool socks and a silk under sock.
I've been calling in -37* they work fine. The tread still grips in that cold weather too, unlike air bobs...
I put a heater foot bed or a tow warmer in my socks when it is -30 or less.
BUT they gota fit.

Keep em & get some of their pac boots for real cold or sitting.
I have worn the Grizzly pacs for 12 yrs now and they are the best cold weather boot I've ever had,and they hike like a hunting boot.

Keep em & get some of their pac boots for real cold or sitting.
I have worn the Grizzly pacs for 12 yrs now and they are the best cold weather boot I've ever had,and they hike like a hunting boot.

that's not a bad idea, are they really as comfortable to walk in as advertised?

that's not a bad idea, are they really as comfortable to walk in as advertised?

My buddy had some boot issues this year in WY and had to buy a new pair of boots. I recommended the Kenetrek pac boots that a local store had in stock. He started wearing them that day covering elevation in about 10" of snow. He said they were the best wearing and warm boots that he's had in awhile. He bought the 13" Grizzlies.

My buddy had some boot issues this year in WY and had to buy a new pair of boots. I recommended the Kenetrek pac boots that a local store had in stock. He started wearing them that day covering elevation in about 10" of snow. He said they were the best wearing and warm boots that he's had in awhile. He bought the 13" Grizzlies.

great to know, thank you

Those are the model I got and after one bull hunt in the Pecos Wilderness with 2' of snow on the ground ,melting & freezing on everything, I was sold.
In heavy/wet Sierra snows,my feet never got cold if my socks were fresh that day. And with an extra set of liners to switch daily and being anal about clean/dry socks ,it only happened a few times.
Traction on slippery surfaces is awesome......digging them out today with 6" of fresh snow and more on the way,it's that time of the year.

the Kenetrek pack boots or the Schnees pack boots are both fantastic and comfortable to hike in. I have the Schnees and love them. 13" height is the way to go.

If your Kenetreks fit you, you will regret the day you got rid of them. Look into some "Arctic Shield Boot Blankets". They sell for about $30.00. Carry them with you to the stand, then put them over your Kenetrek boots once you get to the stand. Your feet will stay warm long after your body has frozen solid.

Last edited:
Back