Caribou Gear Tarp

Kansas whitetail

Question for you guys. I have never hunted Kansas but it's on my bucket list. Is there any good public land or are you just pissing in the wind. Do any land owners allow trespass fees or would I be better off hiring. An outfitter? Any suggestions on a good outfitter? Bucket list hunt

Western Kansas has a good amount of public land and walk-in hunting areas. Some of the largest deer I have seen are on Walk-in hunting areas during the pheasant season.

I can tell you one thing, if you shoot a deer in early muzzleloader season you better be wearing off. I bet I picked off 50 ticks. Didn’t take my pack frame bc I can drive up to a deer on my lease. Wasn’t prepared to make multiple trips for a public land deer.

I usually bow hunt kansas every year. Got family that owns almost 20,000 acres around the Pittsburgh area.

Anyone hunting Kansas this year? If so good luck! Was lucky enough to draw another muzzleloader tag. I was the only one from our group last year. I am one of those guys,”I paid for a lease.” However; I have some nice wiha around me I keep a close eye on. Should be another good year with all the rain.
Just got back to Texas from Kansas on a 7 day archery hunt. This one came in on last day.

Attachments

• 781C67FF-A488-4D64-B895-2E6E3F1930B4.jpeg
    781C67FF-A488-4D64-B895-2E6E3F1930B4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
i see that in 18. i’m not expecting there to be a shangrila in there but are there bucks around to be had if you work for it? i was going to try the late rifle hunt

I have seen some large mule deer and whitetail. In there what town are looking to hunt near? What tag do you have?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back