Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kansas Whitetail Hunt

Red Dirt Archer

Its a late for this year but next year if anyone is interested go ahead and let me know and I can get you some information on a huge section of public ground with thousands of acres. I have been lucky enough to kill some very good deer on this land as well as help some good friends do the same. I'm a firm beliver in passing it on so I figure that the hunt talkers are a fine group of people to share this with. Now i have extended this invitaion before and had only one other person from out of state even come down and hunt with me but he could tell you that it is well worth it and he is headed back there this year while I'm deployed. The first deer is one I took after hunting just 4 or 5 sits. It took place in November about the second week and I called him in from over 400 yards away to two yards from the tree I was in. I saw two other deer that morning that were close to the same size as the one I took. The second photo is of a good friend of mine who took this buck after hunting hard for 6 days in some very cold weather. He had a bigger buck he came close to getting but wasnt able to seal the deal. I would suggest archey hunting as it would allow you to hunt the rut but rifle hunting in December woulld also be an option just more difficult and not as many bucks up and moving during the day. Both of these deer were taken in November of 2011. Keep in in the back of your mind if your interested and remember that the application has to be in some time in April or May.

Attachments

• DSC_0354.jpg
    DSC_0354.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 641
  • DSC_0407.jpg
    DSC_0407.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 642
I might be interested. Haven't hunted white-tails in at least 5 yrs. I'll shoot you a message in the next couple of days.

Nice Bucks! I think I know the area of which you speak. I spent many a day out there during rifle season after my last deployment. Great area that I hope to get back to some day.

Nice looking buck! Sweet offer too. Be safe over there and good luck next season.

Those are great bucks! Just wondering what zone they were taken in? True there are some good public areas that dont get hunted hard.

Nice bucks!! Makes me excited for Kansas this year! Nice offer you're making.

Good luck and God bless. Thanks for what you're doing!

Don't tell him the zone...hahaa....can't give away ALL our secrets!!! :)

Man you know they only let so many people on and these days most of them are guys who never want to share it with others or children. I see you in Tucson. Is that were you are from. I joined the Army from there and have alot of my family living there.

I have recieved several PM's from people and am more then willing to help point people in the right direction and show them the ropes and that is alot easier to do in the spring rather then the fall. Also there is a good chance I will not be in Kansas for the next fall hunting season (I'm trying to get to Alaska). This is what I recommend you do if you are serious about hunting Kansas. Finish out this season and over the winter get in touch with me seeing as I should be back from Afghanistan just after the new year (right now I'm kinda busy and I dont want people to think I'm ignoring them). I did however want to put it out there for people to keep in the back of there mind as there season comes to a end and they start planning for the next.

If you like to hunt turkeys then you can come on out hunt some turkeys learn the ropes and have some fun while doing it. Kansas turkeys season starts in April so that is a wonderful time to get out here and scout as well. There are some extra rules and regulations that you will have to follow and this is not the place to skirt the line. All the more reason to get out in spring to learn the ropes even if it is just three or four days.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back