Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kansas deer application period opens today

kansasdad

NONRESIDENT DEER PERMIT
APPLICATION PERIOD:
April 1 - April 24, 2020

Applicants must apply online or by phone, 1-800-918-2877

All fees listed below will have an internet convenience fee added at time of applying online for a permit or preference point. You will also need to purchase a nonresident hunting license, $97.50 (16 and over), $42.50 Jr. hunt license (15 and younger)

• $117.50 Nonresident Youth White-tailed Deer Permit (youth 15 and younger and includes $27.50 nonrefundable application fee)
  • $442.50 Nonresident White-tailed Deer Permit, (16 and older and includes $27.50 nonrefundable application fee)
Bag Limit: (1) white-tailed deer - buck, doe or fawn AND (1) white-tailed antlerless deer (No additional fee required. Included with White-tailed Deer Permit)

The deadline for applying is APRIL 24, 2020. To ensure a timely drawing and notification, APPLY EARLY.

PS: I believe that the offices where one might apply by phone are closed, scheduled to open again on April 6th. I hope you draw the unit of your dreams. Just don't shoot my buck!!

I have always wanted to go back to my home state to hunt whitetails! I left Kansas when I had just turned 16 and back then you had to be 16 to hunt big game. Maybe one of these years I will get serious and look into it. I have access to a family farm/ranch and everything. I guess cost has always held me back...but I'm not getting any younger.

I hunted probably 12 days during archery season passing on many small bucks and missing a heavy 10 point at last light so hopefully I will draw again this year.

Reactions: LCH
Been going back and forth on this one. Expecting NR hunting to be minimized this year due to people being broke so it might be a great year to get out and hunt if you can afford it.

Outfitters phones are likely ringing off the hook asking for deposits back as wives lay down the law on spending and making house payments becomes more important.

Been going back and forth on this one. Expecting NR hunting to be minimized this year due to people being broke so it might be a great year to get out and hunt if you can afford it.

Outfitters phones are likely ringing off the hook asking for deposits back as wives lay down the law on spending and making house payments becomes more important.

I am banking on that in my CO strategy.

*******Please note the current quarantine requirements being placed on travelers to our great state.......14 days once you reach Kansas if you are coming from or passed through quite the laundry list of states. To the best of my knowledge, included states as of today 4/1 (only wish that this was April Fools joke) California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York and Washington.

As 1Pointer pointed out....a six day turkey hunt could end up taking 20 days. I hope that this quarantine schedule will be relaxed in time for September archery and muzzleloader seasons to get going.

I would have to imagine that the quarantine order will be lifted well before archery season but who knows.

I was planning on heading back out to North Central Kansas like I always do every two years but I haven’t applied for my tag as of yet. I‘m waiting for the dust to settle for a few weeks to see how everything shakes out. Being that I have a bonus point from last year I’m not worried about drawing a tag or not.

*******Please note the current quarantine requirements being placed on travelers to our great state.......14 days once you reach Kansas if you are coming from or passed through quite the laundry list of states. To the best of my knowledge, included states as of today 4/1 (only wish that this was April Fools joke) California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York and Washington.

As 1Pointer pointed out....a six day turkey hunt could end up taking 20 days. I hope that this quarantine schedule will be relaxed in time for September archery and muzzleloader seasons to get going.

Not that I am supporting anyone goes against these guidelines, but how are they going to be able to enforce them?

I have deer hunted in Kansas a couple times during the archery season. Great time !! I have been invited to hunt the rifle season there this year. We are planning on applying as a group. I have two points, but the two guys who invited me have no points. I guess I'll have to toss my points.

Reactions: LCH
Well this sucks, I just moved here to kansas back in the middle of march, I will not be able to apply as a resident until may 16th lol

Not that I am supporting anyone goes against these guidelines, but how are they going to be able to enforce them?
They don't. Saw plenty of CO plates this morning heading to the snowies to snowmobile. They will not quarantine 14 days and instead drive home to CO tonight.

But border checkpoints might make things interesting.

Well this sucks, I just moved here to kansas back in the middle of march, I will not be able to apply as a resident until may 16th lol

If you're interested in applying for the LQ tags you'll have until June 12th to apply for either species deer, antelope and elk. For residents archery antelope is OTC. My residency date is May 6th!

If you're interested in applying for the LQ tags you'll have until June 12th to apply for either species deer, antelope and elk. For residents archery antelope is OTC. My residency date is May 6th!
Ah sweet!

I went ahead and bought my non resident license so that I can do a little turkey hunting, but once I'm able to apply, I'll put in for the resident tags.

I also looked it up though and the resident Deer tags in my part of the state are in fact OTC. For some reason I thought you had to draw a rifle tag.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back