Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Kansas Archery Antelope

krshntr81

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on where to start for an Antelope hunt this fall in Kansas. I am going to be going with a buddy who is a resident, and he has been told by some of his friends to start in Wallace County. Has anybody hunted out there, and if so I would love some input.

Wallace county in a ways north of me so I cant help you too much. I would make some phone calls to land owners you shouldnt have a problem getting access as all the farmers and ranchers want them dead. Its legal for landowners to shoot them any time as long as they dont touch them so some areas they are really skitish because of this. I dont know about that area though. If you have any other questions let me know.

Saw three small herds (8/12) about ten miles west of Colby last Sept. on both sides of I-70. North of there to Nebraska and south to Highway 96 might be your best bet. South of 96 is mostly all wheat land for a good ways. I have some distant kin in Dighton; will see if they're aware of any concentrations around there.

Archery antelope is always tough diy no matter where you go.I would recommend a left over in Wy though.No shortage of antelope there,and you can go back with a rifle.Its a super fun hunt that I'm going to miss out on this year.Offered to take my 12 year old if he made the honor roll the last two marking periods.He got a girlfriend instead and his grades went downhill.The boy is already making bad choices
Good luck to you both,but consider Wy;its a blast

I think we have all been in your 12 year olds shoes. he will get over the "GIRLS" and come to his senses, and then you can ride his decision like a" pair of rented mules".

Thanks for the input guys. I have been to Wyoming to hunt Antelope before and had a great time. Going to try out Kansas since it only cost my hunting buddy $42 for the tag. It should be a good time, and a real challenge. Brisco I am going to take your advice and see if I can get a hold of some landowners for permission.

Back