Kansas 2013

Red Dirt Archer

This hunt was special for a couple of reasons. First by buddy has never hunted before this year and he has taken his first spring turkey and now his first ever Whitetail deer. He hunted hard with his bow and had several close calls and even released an arrow but wasn’t able to seal the deal. Along with work obligations his time spent in the field was minimal at best. Second by recruiting one new hunter we have two joining our ranks as he plans on taking his son out next year and getting him introduced to the outdoors. He rough scores out in the 140’s with deductions but he could have cared less about the size of the horns. I told him any first buck was a good buck and I would say he got himself one heck of a great one here. I have spent the majority of the season working with him and my wife trying to put them in the right place at the right time and it finally paid off. I have hunted a total of one day for myself and I tell you what I couldn't feel any better

Attachments

• IMG_6771.png
    IMG_6771.png
    432.7 KB · Views: 427
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 424
I hunted for 10 years before I saw a buck like that, but it wasn't in KS ;) Great way to start!

Back