Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Just When You Think You Are All Alone

Your not the only one that likes the spot

I've never came across a grave in the mountains but I have had a 4wheeler go off the main path and damn near hit me guy didn't even slow down or stop just kept going.

There’s a “she said yes” sculpted piece of glass above 191 on a lookout above the 35Mph bridge. Someday, somebody will take it or wreck it.

Place we set camp up for opening week of archery season, after looking around the direct area found a memorial of two gentlemen who must have camped at the same spot over the years.

I was hunting elk near lookout pass and stopped to eat a pasty in a creek bottom. This was a nasty thick jungle from hell that challenged your soul. Suddenly there was a rifle shot just above me and a dead elk slid into the creek bottom. Shortly there after came a floor mate from Uof M - 12 years before. An interesting reunion.

I’ve found a few mountain memorials over the years. The most memorable one was when I climbed up Rito Alto Peak in the Sangres and found an American Flag placed there with a memorial for PFC Christopher Horns, killed in combat in Kandahar. That’ll make you stop and think about life and what really matters for sure.

I've seen that one

There's a hard hat and a whiskey bottle in a lone tree high on a ridge above the Powder River arm of Brownlee Reservoir. Placed there by the deceased best friend. I've come across two memorials for bird dogs up in the chukar country.

We have come across entire families. Mom dad and all the kids.
1910 Measles or Spanish flu. I always wonder who buried the last one.
Very sad and somber.
I think you're referring to the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. It also originated in China: coolies brought to the Western Front to dig trenches.

Any thoughts on the term "coolies" ?
Those are Chinese laborers. The American and Canadian transcontinental railways were built primarily with Chinese coolie labour. Coolies weren't slave labor ... but not far above it. Paid pennies a day, literally.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flight343
Back