Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Just had a great backpacking trip!

MITCHMO

I’m headed home from a great backpacking trip. Saw lots of deer and one herd of elk. I was the only one on the mountain with any camo on 😁.
01583810-EFF5-4A84-8915-3825F037FD11.jpeg

Gear that performed well was my new Salewa shoes. Great for narrow feet. I had a pair for the approach and a stiffer pair for the rock and snow. Really impressed. Carbon Leki poles also did a great job. A guy we were with made all the dehydrated meals from stuff he bought online. They were awesome! I’m going to be making my own from now on. I also got a huge appreciation for taking better energy food. Hard Salami that was pre-sliced was amazingly good. Combine that with some Dots honey mustard pretzels and I was ready to roll. Our longest day was 18 hours on the move and it was 42 miles round trip.
80B337DA-7883-40D8-B560-7648EC9DD33F.jpeg
8C319C18-4418-40EC-AE8D-BF0BF7FFFE4B.jpeg
That’s my tent in the snow. Everyone else hid from the snow on the rocks.
FCB11908-1826-4D24-870B-94F621A075C8.jpeg
This is a pretty iconic glacier. Anyone recognize it?
AF50B85E-B52E-4BB3-B4C1-3F6D7B1DF612.jpeg
Climb to the summit.
885AD668-9F2B-4871-9EF2-27DE28E1D18E.jpeg
Super cool being above the clouds near the summit.

I'm like 70% sure that's not Michigan, so...Denali?

Sweet pics!
I thought I remembered a place like that in the UP, but not 100% certain. 🤷‍♂️

Awesome pics and that looked like a hell of a trip. +1 to you for picking to make yourself a level sleeping spot on the snow. No idea how the person in the tent on the right got any sleep with how angled their tent was!

Thanks guys, it was definitely not Sugar Loaf lol. We headed out to Washington and climbed Mt Olympus. That was Blue Glacier in the picture. I highly recommend that area or the cascades to anyone that’s looking for a cool place to backpack. If anyone is looking to plan a trip out there feel free to PM me. I’m not expert but I’ve done three glacier climbs out there and loved it. In all honesty, getting to the top isn’t really that important. Just hiking to the glacier is worth the trip.

I thought I remembered a place like that in the UP, but not 100% certain. 🤷‍♂️

Awesome pics and that looked like a hell of a trip. +1 to you for picking to make yourself a level sleeping spot on the snow. No idea how the person in the tent on the right got any sleep with how angled their tent was!
There was two tents that our team set up that were really bad. They kept sliding into a ball in the corner of the tent and it really sucked for them. My insulated neoair did great and even with a rather thin bag, I stayed plenty warm. The temps barely dipped below freezing though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back