NEW SITKA Ambient 75

just drew a tag for unit 17 in wyoming

rdwllce

I just drew a tag for unit 17 in wyoming. This will be my first hunt outside of Alabama for something besides birds. My buddy and I will be hunting the 3rd week of season. This will be a do it yourself hunt. I am looking forward to seeing Wyoming and a lot of states in between.

I just drew a tag for unit 17 in wyoming. This will be my first hunt outside of Alabama for something besides birds. My buddy and I will be hunting the 3rd week of season. This will be a do it yourself hunt. I am looking forward to seeing Wyoming and a lot of states in between.
Have fun

I do have a question. How is cell service in that area? I downloaded ONX for my phone to use to stay on the proper property. Will I need an additional GPS with the maps downloaded just in case.

I do have a question. How is cell service in that area? I downloaded ONX for my phone to use to stay on the proper property. Will I need an additional GPS with the maps downloaded just in case.

If you go into your ONx phone app, select the bottom option that says “offline maps,” press “new offline map.” Center the map over the area of interest where you would like to hunt, select the resolution and size of map you want, then hit Save. I would recommend doing this on a WiFi connection unless your cell plan has unlimited data since the maps can be large in size. Once it is downloaded, you now have that map and property ownership available at all times on your phone, regardless of whether or not you have cell coverage. Your gps will always work and will always display your location on that section of map. You can save multiple sections

Congrats! I hunted 17 a few years back. Decent unit for low points. Pretty much zero cell service, so make sure you download offline maps as stated above. Good luck!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back