Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Just bought this bag

Dinkshooter

Wiggys Ultima Thule -20 Bag. I am hoping it is as bombproof as they say. I wanted a super warm bag for car camps, plane camps and horse camps and such, that even if it was to warm you just throw it open. I like the fact you can order long and wide at no extra charge.

I have a Marmot Pinnacle 15 degree for the hiking stuff that I just don't want to wear out when not needed.

I am not sure I want to keep it in the stuff sack like they say. Any one have a Wiggys and do that to it? Now maybe I can throw away 3 other old dead synthetic bags hanging in the closet.

Attachments

• UltimaThule2.jpg
    UltimaThule2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 233
Nice bag Dink...& thanks for reminding me to take my Alaskan Guide outa the stuff sack & hangin' it for a spell.

Yep...it's the rectangular model...big 36X90...actually too big, took while to warm during last year's Co elk outing. Mummies are too restictive for moi but I coulda got by with the regular size.

Last edited:
My father loves that bag as well. I liked it because it was not a mummy. I would have bought it if it was all synthetic. I guess I just bought into the "no down in a wet enviroment" commandment you see all over the net.

If'n I's headed where you were, I'd go synthetic too. I really like the Wiggy's system accessories.

Dink, I hope you bought it in person? I think it's 40% off on walk-ins.

Hi all...hey I dont mean to sound stupid but I think I'm going to so here goes. I noticed you all talk about taking the bag outta the sack and hanging it...can I ask why? I hang my bags after I use and sometimes remember to open and air b4 I use...but some insight would be appreciated...thanks.

Hi all...hey I dont mean to sound stupid but I think I'm going to so here goes. I noticed you all talk about taking the bag outta the sack and hanging it...can I ask why? I hang my bags after I use and sometimes remember to open and air b4 I use...but some insight would be appreciated...thanks.

Constant compression kills the loft of the insulation therefore killing the ability to keep your fanny warm. Or so they say. I would never keep my down bag in the small stuff sack all year. Still undecided about this one.

This thing is a monster it will kill all availible closet space you have.

Dink.. Are you saying Wiggy's recommends keeping his synthetic bags in the stuff sack? I have one of his bags and was just wondering as you are right it kills your closet space!

Dink.. Are you saying Wiggy's recommends keeping his synthetic bags in the stuff sack? I have one of his bags and was just wondering as you are right it kills your closet space!

Yep, they say it is A OK to leave it in the stuff sack year round.

I have had one for 12 yrs and leave it in the stuff sack--still works great--IMO you made a great purchase---chris

For the uses you're planning on using it for that'd be great! The one's I've seen look like great bags, just HEAVY. That said, I'm a big fan of Big Agnes bags. I'm a fat, restless sleeper and their designs keep me from flopping off the bed.

bed???? no beds where we go just ol' MA NATURE's design is what we get for a bed---anyway yes you are right they are a little heavier, not a bunch, but I'll haul that weight to sleep warm!!!!......chris

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back