MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Just Bought A 41 Magnum Revolver, Anybody else shoot one?

Mustangs Rule

It was inevitable, I guess. I just sold two guns on the internet and came away with over $1,000 that has been burning a hole in my pocket.

I saw a S and W on the internet in 41 magnum. Stainless steel 6 inch barrel. Normally I like 4 inch barrels. I already have a 357 and 44 mag.

Anybody else out there shooting a 41 mag.

MR

I really wanted one, but couldn't find the model I wanted. Great revolver cartridge. mtmuley

My dad's got a Ruger Single Six in .41 Mag. Snappy little revolver. Crazy accurate. He added a scope on it to help tame the recoil a bit. IIRC that sucker would catch the rifling and twist the pistol a bit in your hand.

Have one that I bought in 1987, Ruger. Haven't shot it much over the years, but it does shoot well.

Shoot Keith grade hard cast bullets in it.

I have a S&W model 57 that I really enjoy shooting. I think the .41 is an under appreciated cartridge.

Have one that I bought in 1987, Ruger. Haven't shot it much over the years, but it does shoot well.

Shoot Keith grade hard cast bullets in it.
The only one I’ve shot was a friend’s Ruger. It was the first magnum pistol I had operated and a learning moment.

Harry Callahan aside, .41 is arguably a better self defense round than .44. Ammo is much less available than .44, so handloading is indicated. For game up to deer size, .41 mag is very sufficient. I had one back in the day, a Blackhawk I think, and regrettably moved on because it wasn't .44.

I would absolutely LOVE to have a 5" barreled revolver and a lever gun combo in 41 Mag.
The search continues but poverty prevents the dream for now.
That Freedom Arms in the pic above is beautiful!

I have a S&W Model 57 4-inch nickel finish. I carried it for several years as a duty gun. Accurate and at the time there were two factory loads available. There was a 210 jacketed HP high velocity and a 210 Lead SWC at around 1000 fps. Reloads are not allowed for duty carry. I then went to a S&W 66 4-inch 357 mag. Due to the cost of ammunition. The County paid for the practice ammo and duty carry for the 66 but not the 41. Also, the 66 was lighter to carry. I still have both and enjoy shooting the 41 more. It's just a great gun and caliber.

I had one that I used to use in bowling pin shoots. I felt like it was a nice combo of power and recoil. I felt like I could shoot it quicker than a 44 but it popped the pins harder than a 357.

I have a rare Blackhawk Hunter in 45 Colt. (1 of 768) They also made a small number in 41 Mag. I would love to have a safe sister for my .45.
I've always thought the 41 might be the perfect deer revolver cartridge.

I’ve got a pair of Ruger Blackhawks, a new model and a 1965 3 screw. I also have a peep sighted Marlin 1894. I’ve killed 2 deer with the pistols and 1 with the rifle. I love them. I shoot Hornady 210 grain XTPs.

Ive got 3:
Ruger Blackhawk
Ruber Bisley Hunter
Smith and Wesson 657-3
Its by far my favorite revolver cartridge.
I hunt with 210 Swift Aframes and plink with 210 cast. The 657 is the most accurate wheelgun I’ve ever shot.

Back