June fishing in Cabo San Lucas?

Bugle 'Em In

Heading on a group trip to Cabo in June. Was wondering if any of you have fished there at that time and if you can recommend a good guide for the day. Would love to target tuna, but it may be a bit early.
Any advice / information is welcomed.

There are loads of charter companies in Cabo. Most are reputable. If you're going specifically to fish, there's an outfit out of Phoenix that does a decent job on 5 day, 4 night package deals that include 2 days of fishing. Fiestasportfishing.com.
I think it's $800 pp including hotel.

i used to get down there pretty often in June and July (our wedding was in San Jose) - football tuna (~10lb but fight like a downhill runaway Tacoma) are generally prevalent. Lots of yellowtail and Mahi (Dorado locally) inshore. Not a lot of roosters until you get further up the coast. There are basically striped marlin year round if you’re into that.

For conventional gear, Pisces Sportfishing was good. I usually fished with Grant Hartman’s outfit (Baja Anglers) as at the time they were the only ones doing mostly fly tackle trips (they also do light tackle - think bass gear)

My info is a little dated though.

Fished down there years back out of hotel palmas de Cortez. About half way to la paz up inside. Was great fishing in June. Got into tuna a couple times, darado, wahoo, sailfish, stripe and one blue marlin. The dorado were my favorite as far as table fare. Can’t go wrong with tuna.

Back