Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Jr's latest mounts.

nmtaxi

I finally got around to getting some of my son's mounts done. Here is his '09 Wyoming Antelope. This antelope had the biggest head and body I have ever seen. The buck scores around 76, but you would never know it sitting on this horse head.

DSC00519.jpg

JRANT1.jpg

His 2010 elk. Fantastic hunt. This one didn't fit in his bedroom. Had to go out in the living room.

DSC01192.jpg

JRELK2-1.jpg

His 2010 offrange oryx. We called this ancient old boy the "Warhorse".

DSC01015.jpg

JRORYX1.jpg

They all look great! I really like the antelope mount. Young man has some nice trophys.

I take it that the oryx never took a step after the shot!

Thanks guys. The antelope is my favorite also. It dwarfs the NM antelope we have hanging up. The form is sculpted by the Wyoming taxidermist, and I think he captures the look those bigger lopes have.
Just for comparison, that antelope had an 18" neck. A big NM antelope will have normally a 15" neck, and occassionally up to 16". I guess the northern guys are used to antelope that big, but it was new to me. 5 of us killed 5 bucks that weekend in WY, and this one dwarfed them all in body size.

nmtaxi,

Hey, I recognize that antelope...turned out great.

You are right about the body size on NM vs. WY antelope...way different for sure.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back