PEAX Equipment

Jon Boy and Friends 2011 season

Jon Boy

None of these deer are big but I always enjoy sharing and hope you guys enjoy as well. I still have a WA archery black tail in my pocket so hopefully when I go home for christmas this week ill be able to connect on one.
First 2 are of my first scouting adventures in MT. It was my first year in MT and had a great time and learned a ton about western hunting. I had chances at alot bigger deer but it just never worked out. Elk always seem to be my weakness but not from a lack of effort, oh well theres always next year!
All of the deer and elk except my buck and my bros doe are from washington. Most of them are Blacktails from western washignton.
They may not look big compared to mule deer but if you uve ever hunted BTs on the wet side you know that any buck is a good buck.
Jon Boy

Attachments

• 149.JPG
    149.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 393
  • 153.JPG
    153.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 392
  • Kevin's First Elk.jpg
    Kevin's First Elk.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 392
  • chads 3x4 buck.jpg
    chads 3x4 buck.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 391
  • ethan and chads deer.jpg
    ethan and chads deer.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Garret and Joe.jpg
    Garret and Joe.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 385
  • IMAG0264.jpg
    IMAG0264.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 171.JPG
    171.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 383
  • 173.JPG
    173.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 385
  • Elis first buck.jpg
    Elis first buck.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 387
  • 150.JPG
    150.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 383
Tried to put a muley on a stick like that. The stick was a log. We couldn't get the sucker tied up high enough. Would have worked pretty good if we were 7ft tall. Flat ground wasn't too bad, but any uphill or downhill was plumb brutal on the downhill guy. Hey, we saw indians do it on the tele so WTH.. There always seems to be something to laugh about from our early hunting days.

Nice bucks! Shoot, I grew up in W. Oregon, so I know all about hunting BT's in rainforests - Nice work!

That is quite the collection of dead critters. My only complaint is the picture with the rifle pointed at the inside of your right leg. It is just a pet peave of mine when people have their firearm pointed at them or right at the camera. Muzzle control counts when the gun is on the ground too.

Not all of these are mine only the 3 point muley taken in the snow. All my buddies send me there pics and I create an album to send out at christmas to everyone. And the reference to the gun pointed to the inside of my buddies leg, it was unloaded.

Tried to put a muley on a stick like that. The stick was a log. We couldn't get the sucker tied up high enough. Would have worked pretty good if we were 7ft tall. Flat ground wasn't too bad, but any uphill or downhill was plumb brutal on the downhill guy. Hey, we saw indians do it on the tele so WTH.. There always seems to be something to laugh about from our early hunting days.

Agreed, I tried it once and if I have any say I'll never do it again.

Back