Joining the Illinois Exodus

I moved in 2014 to IL from green bay area WI. I never liked the move but I try to find the good in in everything. Love Southern IL and good small town folks. Leaving the City of Peoria soon to move to Brown County, Pike County area due to being too close to gang shootings during my job. Literally missed a shooting by 5 minutes on my delivery route. Its just crazy... I cant make this stuff up. Don't want to raise my kids anywhere near that stuff.

Not to mention a college student killed in a random drive by shooting on campus at Bradly University.

I'll take my chances with the critters that carry Lyme Disease over gang shootings.

I'm jealous of you though good luck in IN!

I moved in 2014 to IL from green bay area WI. I never liked the move but I try to find the good in in everything. Love Southern IL and good small town folks. Leaving the City of Peoria soon to move to Brown County, Pike County area due to being too close to gang shootings during my job. Literally missed a shooting by 5 minutes on my delivery route. Its just crazy... I cant make this stuff up. Don't want to raise my kids anywhere near that stuff.

Not to mention a college student killed in a random drive by shooting on campus at Bradly University.

I'll take my chances with the critters that carry Lyme Disease over gang shootings.

I'm right across the river at the Cat plant! Planning on getting some Powerball tickets after work to help fund my "Escape Illinois" fund.

Wow. Peoria is as bad as Chicago now. Such a sad story in a very sad state. Gang violence, drive-by shootings of innocent persons.

Good for you that you and your family are moving to safer places. I will heed your advice and stay only on the Interstate on my drives through Peoria.

I'm lucky I just work there. I guess. Job really starting to suck. No raise at all in over 9 years. Not to mention the potholes! Missed them, by the way. Gas prices keep going up, too!

On the way home in NOV for Tgive gas was 50c a gallon cheaper in MO. Thankfully we filled up and didn't have to stop in Illi-nasty

Its South Peoria that's the worst, and unfortunately that's between me and work and... where my first deliveries are.

If you can believe it I was caught in a raid/ sting operation not sure what to call it. I was doing deliveries and got caught behind two cars in the ghetto. First car was going super slow and I wasn't sure what was going on. The first car was a unmarked cop and all of a sudden 12 unmarked vehicles came swarming in and pinned us in and guys in swat gear came out of all the cars, ran to the car in front of me and ripped out 2 gang leaders cuffed em and pulled guns and drugs out of their car and pockets.

Front row show to it all... its sad to say but you kinda grow numb to it after so long.

Its South Peoria that's the worst, and unfortunately that's between me and work and... where my first deliveries are.

If you can believe it I was caught in a raid/ sting operation not sure what to call it. I was doing deliveries and got caught behind two cars in the ghetto. First car was going super slow and I wasn't sure what was going on. The first car was a unmarked cop and all of a sudden 12 unmarked vehicles came swarming in and pinned us in and guys in swat gear came out of all the cars, ran to the car in front of me and ripped out 2 gang leaders cuffed em and pulled guns and drugs out of their car and pockets.

Front row show to it all... its sad to say but you kinda grow numb to it after so long.

And they were probably back on the street within a couple hours...

Stay safe out there. No job is worth getting shot in a drug sting/arrest situation. Does your company give you combat pay?

Put the wife to work.

Attachments

• 87C6FC74-1373-419E-BE4E-110C346BB0F2.jpeg
    87C6FC74-1373-419E-BE4E-110C346BB0F2.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 6
I grew up in the south burbs, crossed over to the IN side 15 years ago. Been great. Still have my LL for IL and can hunt Kingsbury, willow slough or lasalle FWA all with in a 30 minute drive and some great fishing in the KKK

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back