Job questions around Billings

I second the Helena recommendation. If I had a choice between Billings and Helena there wouldn't be a choice...it would be Helena! If you are an avid hunter and fisherman you will definitely want Helena over Billings.

The hunting is the main reason im moving. I like fishing, but I dont like eating them. Ive never eaten trout though, so Ill deffinately try it. I like the location of Helena a lot! My long term goal to to have a full time taxidermy shop. I had one here a for several years here, but with my (ex) wife going to school a wanted t guaranteed paycheck every week. now, being single, as long as I make enough to buy arrows, ammo, and dog food, Im good!!!!

There is a big need for a taxidermist with Eastern US type pricing in Helena. If you could make that work I think you would do well here.

The 110 in Billings is a helluva lot dryer heat than you are used to.

I was in Vegas a few years ago. It was like 115 there. I knew it was hot but it wasnt sticky hot like here. It sucks walking outside first thing in the morning and it feels like your clothes are sticking to you. Makes for a very long day!

There is a big need for a taxidermist with Eastern US type pricing in Helena. If you could make that work I think you would do well here.

Ive looked at the prices there. Ill tell ya this, I will charge fair prices, and do damn good work. I will NEVER talk bad about another taxidermists work, even if I dont like it. Theres nothing to gain by bad-mouthing someone. With the shop I had here, I made a few mistakes, like taking in way more work that I could do. I wont do that again. Plus, theres a lot of guys here doing taxi work that will do it for next to nothing. The average deer sholder mount here is about $325. You gotta bust your butt all year to make a living. Ill be dead honest with ya, if you look at all the work that goes inot a deer mount, Its worth a lot more than that. I never really understood that until I started doing taxi work.

I love doing taxi work. I love being a machinist too. I take a hell of a lot of pride in both. Its going to be an interesting experiance in MT!!! I cant wait!!!

Both skills are a decent fit for Montana. The state has a number of people those skills, but if you are good there's room for another.

Both skills are a decent fit for Montana. The state has a number of people those skills, but if you are good there's room for another.

Thats good to know. Thanks for that. Im looking forward to getting up there. Its going to be a lot different than here. So far everybody Ive talked to on here has been really helpful and ahd lots of good info!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneGriz
Back