JBflorida Are you O.K.?

schmalts

My parents in Foley got away without much damage. They had a lot of yard damage but the house made it. Mom still had the widows boarded up from a couple weeks ago. I got her on the Cell phone today. She was Crying a lot and was so depressed about the Mobile bay damage and said how she will miss all the historic areas in there and MS that she loved to visit. All gone now.

I hope we hear from him. Guys, if you do not know where Gulf shores is take a look at a map.. He was in a BAAAAAAAAAd place when it hit. i hope he didnt stay. According to my folks they didnt get all the way down to the coast so i do not know how bad that area got hit. But, it is pretty much across the bay from Mobile AL

I have been watching with great interest (my parents and brothers are still in Baton Rouge) just to see how widespread the damage is. Has anyone heard anything about Venice, LA? I haven't heard anything about all the little places south of New Orleans - fished with a few guys out of there before. Luckily, the worst my family got was a trashed wooden fence and power outage. Now they are looking at relocatin 100,000 people to the Baton Rouge area. Glad I am not there anymore.

Hey Guys, Thanks for askin!

We are back!
The purple beach house "IMAGINE" is a Survivor :D
(you have NO IDEA how happy I am when I say that either)

We dont have power or sewer but we got H2o tonight just before cerfew
(thats when the national guard who have guns says stay inside or come with me to jail)
The water came up to my door handle on the house (about 9' above the driveway. Funny thing is the door swelled shut and the water didnt even come inside at all.

That means the waves were lapping at the bottom of the house.

All I have to replace is the breakaway walls that were under my stairs and I found 2 of the 3 walls in a debris pile about 400 yards west of us.

We hope to have our offices back open later this week.

Hopefully this will not blow my NM elk hunt (I should leave sept 13th) But I do need to get my family back in the house before I even think about that.

A couple of the Gulf front homes our company manages have alot of damage but we cannot get contractors onto that part of the island, still only owners are permitted and it takes a 4wd to get the last 5 miles past the guard checkpoint. The sand is 5 or 6 feet deep behind my house but we are clear and the water is down.

But it could be worse, check out this condo down the street, the Gulf and Mobile Bay met right about here

JB

Happy for you the family and the house are okay...for the most part. Sunday and Monday we experienced about 30 mph winds and the surf was wild, but that is it. Once again, we were pretty lucky. Knock on wood!

JB, can you make some room in your Private Message inbox?

The purple beach house "IMAGINE" is a Survivor
(you have NO IDEA how happy I am when I say that either)

My father, George, knows exactly how you feel. He owns the place next door. I sent him this link and he sure was happy to see that the place survived.

JB, not sure what i am looking at?? I see cement pilons with cables, and a building behind it. Was there once a building on those cement pilons?

That is a new condo (phase 2 of Navy Cove Harbor) on the Mobile Bay side of Ft Morgan road. Its just the 1st and 2nd story of a 4 story building.

The gulf washed over and met the bay and took this foundation with it.
The yellow wires are post-tension cables for the second floor that are "sprung". Hope this makes sense?

The water came up to my door handle on the house (about 9' above the driveway. Funny thing is the door swelled shut and the water didnt even come inside at all.

Thank God for cheap doors... :)

I'm really glad you came out of this not in bad shape, especially for what it could have been...
:)

I don't mean to sound wrong, here. I LOVED FLa, miss it terribly, but after last year....... S. Carolina ain't so bad!!! ;)

That said. I just doomed Charleston :eek:

Thank God you and your home faired well through the storm! Coun't your blessings dude! I'm so glad your family is ok. Say a prayer for the folks that didn't fair so well. Life's a trip, isn't it?

Thanks guys, I really am just happy to be here and to have a house to go home to, those folks west of us jave it BAD.

YES, Life is a trip.

I suspect that venice is much worse than NOL.

I'll try to share some more pics later.
Some are pretty strange

Good job that door was that high :)

Man thats some Crazy stuff. Looks like someones gunna make a lot of money in Construction in the next few years !!!

Love the Purple colored house.... (In my gay voice) That lookssss Sthimple B_E_A-uti-fulllll !!!! ;)

Back