Javelina tags in Arizona $$$$

lynlan1819

Wanted to hunt Javelina again with my brother in Arizona which we hunted for in 2002,he is a resident,I am not and was informed by my brother that the tag and hunting lic. is now over $400 for a non-resident,compared to $250 18 years ago.
Are the pigs that sought after now for such a high price for a 30lb pig ?

Wanted to hunt Javelina again with my brother in Arizona which we hunted for in 2002,he is a resident,I am not and was informed by my brother that the tag and hunting lic. is now over $400 for a non-resident,compared to $250 18 years ago.
Are the pigs that sought after now for such a high price for a 30lb pig ?
where did he get his info? Definitely not from the regs

Thanks for your replies,I am looking into it myself,looks like the deadline is a few days away.

If you missed the draw for the spring 2020 hunt (13 OCT), there are still opportunities afterwards - always leftover tags available. azgfd.com

I don't think I'd pay $5 to hunt one of those things but I'm sure there are those who feel differently.

I’m one of those that thinks differently, it’s probably my favorite hunt of the year. Can’t wait to be back in the desert in January
I think the entertainment value alone is worth the price of a tag. Those Javvys are fun to hunt. And in January, you can get OTC tags for deer (mule or white tail) and javelina.

Yes I found out my brother was wrong about the price ,its $275 for the hunt,BUT I think its bullshit you have too pay for a combo fish/hunt lic. just to hunt Javelina,I dont fish.

I hear ya! It's too bad they don't offer a 5-day Non resident hunting only license.

If the price has only gone up $25 in 18 years then it seems we’re way behind inflation. We better make sure the dept knows.

For $275 this is probably one of the biggest bargains in western hunting. Especially if you are buying bonus points or applying for other species. If you just consider that when you buy a NR hunting license they give you a fishing license for free that might make it feel better.

If you have any second thoughts about paying it feel free to think it over. Meanwhile as soon as those leftover tags post I am going to scoop one up for my second tag.

They're "forcing" you to buy things you don't need so they can fund their departments, and pay for people to manage the wildlife that we all love to hunt. AZGFD is one of the finest wildlife departments in the country.
You should protest against the AZFG by not going hunting in that state and not letting them FORCE you into doing anything.
That'll show em!!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back