Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Jason Lee's First Elk Hunt!!!!.........

Hell, we can get 5 pages just talking good beer. I've been a Fat Tire drinker for a while. One of my favorites! :D How's the Blue Paddle? I've seen it, but hav'nt par-taked in a sample yet. Of course Alaskan Amber falls right in with Fat Tire as good chit. I also like to take along some 'Trout Slayer' "A bigger tale with every ale" Good stuff.

A little beer trivia! Which beer states; "life's to short to drink cheap beer" (It's another good one, but no from these parts)

I'd like to try a "Trout Slayer"... probably real popular with the lesbians! I'm not a micro-brew kind of guy though... give me my Molson Golden or Rolling Rock and I'll be just fine!

Oh yeah.... back to the topic... wear warm socks Jason.

Not only warm socks but dry socks Jason

DS, 10 cases of Beer.. Holy shit man.. Please tell me you had 50 guys in camp.. :eek:

Indyjay, damn. gumbo, beer and elk camp.. That's how I imagine heaven..This year were going to take up the turkey fryer and Fry a turkey and do a cajun boil too.. Damn I can't wait!

Ever baked lobster tails in the coals with butter, garlic and thyme? Beats hot dogs every time...

:D

Are we there yet?
Oh yeah, silk long johns are good if you're walking a lot....

Cali, You take the beer cans, they usually have a little left. You bait the bears. Then you get drunk bears. Its a spiritual experience for them. This eastern spiritualist wrote a poem about it

http://www.bodhionline.org/drunk_yogi.html

You have to be in a bait area though. I know the beer works on goats, this poem is a hint it works on on bears. The mayor of Lajitas, TX used to be a drunk alcoholic goat, he got that way from visitors with beer. Here's a picture of him.

http://www.renegalvan.com/photos/lajitas-mayor.html

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-12-2002 15:24: Message edited by: Tom ]</font>

Alaskan Amber......Bou turned me on to that shit on my sheep hunt this year...could tell the differance between that and the Fat Tire.
Moose Drool is ok, but don't do the Moose Piss in Encampment...ol' Ralph phucked on that one! Taking advantage of drunks should be against the law...a felony even...unless she is good looking ;)

Blue Paddle is good......Easystreet is better, and Cutthroat is hard to beat! The Flying Doggie Style is only for after you had a few, and the Tommyknocker Tundra Bear is definitely a man's beer!....but with more than 80 micro brews here, it should really be it's own thread! ;)

Jason.......if the pack weight is close, and you have to choose between the dry socks or the cases of beer.....your feet are tough aren't they? :eek: pussies wear dry sicks!...bottoms up! :D

Now...we know to take light saddles, what kind of beer to tote in, what to do when a Grizz is sighted(3 S's) .......so this thread thus far has been invaluable.

And something tells me, even though this pack in may reach the 20 mile mark one way, there will still be a hot pot of Gumbo waiting at the other end ;)

Better keep an eye on that gumbo pot, don't let it burn !

Jason, make sure and take a box of baby butt wipes, after all that rideing (aint talking about horses), you might need some TLC.

Excellent idea, Anaconda! Baby Wipes are invaluable. Without fail after about 4 days of blurt-dumps in the woods, my hairy arse begins to resemble a thatched hut.... if you're a man and have hair on your ass, you'll need them!

Ass wipe for hunting is for pussies! :rolleyes: ...you have to become one with nature.....shit like the bears do....just crouch and dump....moss or leaves will do fine if a little stays behind. Just drag your ass along the ground....you've seen your dog do this. ;) ....can't be packing in unnecessary items like TP.....brings the pack weight weigh up!..and that would mean less beer :cool:

Toughen up fellas, this ain't kindergarten! :rolleyes: Drink a man's beer, and shit like a bear......you'll be surprised at what this does for your mental frame of mind......and the redness around your ass tends to get better after a few days :D

Cali...that is, if your nor hunting with Gayhunter!..then it may NEVER clear up!!!! :eek:

BETTER LOCK THIS ONE DOWN TOO....I THINK SOMEONE MADE A REFERANCE TO QUEERS OR SEX OR DICKS OR ASSHOLES OR BEER DRINKING OF DRUGS OR POACHING ORSOMETHING........TOO MUCH SHIT TO GO BACK ABD READ, BUT I'M SURE IT CROSSED THE LINE SOMEWHERE......AND THERE ARE KIDDIES READING THIS STUFF RIGHT?

SO ONE OF YOU BIG STRONG GUYS SHOULD LOCK HER DOWN, JUST TO BE SAFE.

But then it will not get to 5 pages....

DS, don't make me send out the Cyber paddle on ya ;)

Drink a beer, Smoke a dubbie, And carry on....

See Indy.....that is what I like about you.....you know how to skirt the edges......avoid the problems.

Take for instance.....you knew this was a family site where women and children gather 'round nitely at 1 and 2am to see what is going on, so you follow the example set by your forum moderators and you replaced the word shit with dump in your last post as well as used the letters TP to account for the words Toilet Paper, which would have implied nastiness or filth, or even worse....

I will make a concerted effort to model my forum behavior after yours ;)

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-13-2002 11:51: Message edited by: Deerslayer ]</font>

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back