Jackson elk run...

Thanks again guy's...I have two pics I just sent Bill to help me post. When I get them back, I will show you my first elk I got in Montana...It was a great one, but I still get excited with all of them. It is just a hoot to be where they are, no matter... :D :D :D

MD4me, you have just made a great point. Very well put.

The first time it freaked me out with all the other people around.
Then next time I understood going in what to expect and I had a great time.
Just getting to see all those elk in one place,wow.

And to see anywhere from 50 to 500 elk migrating through is very exciting. I feel very lucky and fortunate to live in an area where I can actually see herds of elk migrating like that all the time. There is nothing like seeing over 500 elk waiting to come across the river while there are 200 running below you.

Not only that, but there are lots and lots of moose and bison just standing next to the road, big ones. Then the scenery is some of the best in the nation to boot....Great place indeed...And very lucky!!! :D :D :D

Heres the pics I promised with Bills help.
I hunted very hard for five strait weeks to come up with this one. It was actually the first one I saw close enough to get with the bow, I would have shot any thing, but couldn't really let this one go when he came in... :D
russelk99.jpg

I got him at 18 yards over a public hunting area water tank. Was able to drive right up to him and cut and load pieces in the truck. The pack out was about two feet... :D
russelk.jpg

While this guy was very exciting, I still got the shakes shooting my last one on the front of this thread....LOL :D :D :D

That's what I hope my next bull looks like. Congrats Russ, they are all trophies in my book. The horns are just extra!!

LB you are definately cut off, for the night of course ;)
Yes you do live in an awesome place,one of these yrs maybe I will get lucky enuff to move to a place like that,I will keep my fingers crossed :D

Russ,
Nice cow, man is she large.
What wt did she net?
Glad to hear you all made it back alive and in one piece without any holes!
Did you get to try some of Dan's salsa?
Yummy

Waldo's was fantastic. I suppose I should have said more about it. The smokey flavor was to die for and the bones just lifted out of the meat. Since Moosie didn't show up or 1pointer like either said, the rest that had been saved for them went into a great last lunch along with a gallon of BBQ sauce Dan brought..He said he would bring the salsa next time...LOL... :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back