Caribou Gear Tarp

It's all about the memories

danr55

Yesterday, while stopped to help at an accident scene, a lady who couldn't drive without a cell phone stuck in here ear spoiled a wonderful adventure. I remember how envious some of you sounded when you saw the first pictures. Well, don't be. It's not so much fun now. Just goes to show you how fast a dream can vanish.

Attachments

• 3208_1.JPG
    3208_1.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 187
  • 3208_2.JPG
    3208_2.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 184
  • CCX3208aRIP.JPG
    CCX3208aRIP.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 187
Oh my god........ What did you have to do to restrain yourself from killing the chick!
Danr, I hope your insured value was up to date. Tell us more about this, I see another cobra there was that an original as well?

SSSHHHHHIIIIOOOOOTTTT Dan....

That really bites...

Hope your OK...

Yea, as Schmalts said, keep us up to date on the rest of the story as it transpires....

That sucks.... :(

Damm!! That is a terrible thing. I am sorry to hear about that and to see the pictures is even worse. A car like that may get better but it will never get well after a wreck like that. I hope nobody was injured also.

Ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeetttt !!!

DID you walk out of that OK DanR ? Were you out of the car when it happened or still in it ? That sucks on many levels. That saw a signed car and everything .... Geesh !

WWWWooooooooooooo! I'm guessing these aren't photoshopped. That really bites.

Another member of the club went into the center cables after being clipped in the front end by someone. We had all parked and were trying to get Stuart out of the cables when this broad lost control and smashed my car, the car in front of me and the DPS vehicle that was parked next to me. If the cars hadn't been where they were, her SUV would have plowed into a crowd of folks trying to get the cables off from around Stuarts neck. He had one around his throat and one behind his head. After an 8 foot high flat spin, three rolls on the opposited side of the freeway, and rolling under the cables and getting himself trapped, he came away with a broken hand and some bumps and bruises. WE now call him Iron head. Everyone is fine or will be.. I'll know more about insurance tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for your concern..

Oh, and Ovis, no photoshop.. I promise!;)

:cool:

Wow Dan that absolutely sucks.
I certainly hope the insurance companies understand the value of a car like that. Good luck.

Wow!!!! That sucks .... Glad to hear none of you were seriously injured.. I hope she had good insurance and each one of yours doesn't have to pick up that tab. Do you have Hagerty Ins? If you do, let me know how they are on claims my Brother-in-law has some classics insured with them.

Rhett is going to be so pissed at that lady this A.M. when he wakes up. He was looking forward to that ride.

I was going to tell you about the car show they are having in Payson next month but I guess there is no need to now. Unless you guys want to trailer them and have an anti-cell phone and driving float :BLEEP: :BLEEP:

Man, that is just sickening. Thankfully you were not hurt. Good luck with the ins.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back