It does not impress me..

get-off-my-lawn-grumpy-old-man.gif

There's a cool old German restaurant in Nederland, Colorado. 8 of us on bikes stopped for lunch where a gentleman in his late 70's took our orders completely via memory, while holding his own with a cordial and patient conversation. Not a single glitch...impressive as hell.

I try not to get too bent over the small chit...Setta down Southern Elk :)

“2 Chicken Fried steaks, sourdough toast, eggs over-easy on both, please!”

Say it loudly, and take that exclamation mark Seriously. Stare with bugged out eyes, and speak with the excited zeal of a madman. Throw a twitch in there. Never deviate.

They won’t mess up your order. In fact, they’ll take it very seriously. I’m Batting 100%

Last edited:
I once brought a Post It to a high $ restaurant that had couple servers that never wrote down orders....and never got it right. So I gave him Post It with my order. I think I found snot in garlic mashed potato's. Order was correct for first time though. 🤮

This would be a waiter/waitress that I "forget" to tip plus if order is screwed up I would ask for the manager. Mistakes happen but when they could be avoided, they should be.

Good waitresses and waiters are some of the most underpaid folks.
In appreciation of a good one, I always tip them well and tell them.
You speak the truth^^
Years ago when I rolled in to Bozeman I sent out 25 resumes to local contractors looking for a job. Not a single response.
I was desperate for money/work.
Ended up getting a job as a waiter at the Baxter Pub. I stuck with it for 7 months, at which point I landed a construction job at Old Faithful( '88).
My experience as a waiter was humbling.
Most folks were friendly, but there was an element of bad, condescending behavior by patrons. I struggled with that.
As a result, in all honesty, I treat ALL waitstaff politely, and tip above and beyond unless the service is horrible.
I understand the trials that go with the job.

Worked in the industry for years when I was guiding I bartended/waited tables everywhere I lived. Having the experience leads me to always be polite and tip very well.
I never wrote stuff down, I just pretended to for tips because you'd be surprised how many people worry about it.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back