Issues with my Kenetreks

Ahhh this is your problem. you have to use the hunting version if you are hunting. :D

I always found it funny how there is hiking, climbing, hunting versions of smartwool socks.

I can't keep them straight anymore. They are in a huge pile in my sock drawer too, so I probably wasn't wearing the "right" ones during the season. The hiking pair seems lighter, but when the season comes around I wear the pair on top of the pile whatever that is. :D

lacing your boots "right" is like wiping your ass... it ain't rocket science.

No, it's not and it's not a remedy for boots that don't fit your feet. But, you can use different ways of lacing to help you tweak the fit sometimes.

After reading and hearing about Kenetreks for some time, finally I bought a pair of Mountain Extreme 400 boots on Camofire for a screaming deal. 'Started hiking and hunting with them in the fall and they fit comfortably and worked great from the get-go. Hauled a bull elk out by myself (albeit downhill and in pieces) and found the Kenetreks to be the most stable boot on rocky, snowy steep slopes. They are undoubtedly the best mountain terrain hunting boot I have worn. I do wear two pairs of socks with them.

It must just be the difference in structure and shape of your feet.

I would never buy or not buy a pair of boots based on reviews taken off an Internet forum. For all I know the guy behind the monitor is wearing a pair of Hi Tec. Just sayin

Alright, I need some advice here. I have been wearing Kenetrek Mtn Extreme 400s for 4 years now. The first year I got a blister on my left foot after 5 days of hunting, brought them back to Scheels and they replaced them immediately. Since then I've had the same pair. I take care of them, I wear liner socks and this year ended up getting a huge blister on both heels during a 9 day elk hunt in Montana during early bow season. Anyone who was out there this year knows it was brutal (dry, hot, etc.). My feet were sweating like crazy and I developed the blisters after about day 3 or 4. I'm wondering is it the boots (the shape of the heel cup), my feet or is it the sweat causing all the friction between my heal and the back of the boot through the socks? They are excellent quality and when I started to blister during the 2010 season, the liner socks solved the problem. Now, I'm not so sure. There are a million options out there and Lowa just put a new boot this year, the Ticam GTX that looks really promising. Maybe Superfeet insoles or something. Any help would be appreciated.

THWAK--just zip it!:D

LMAO! I love my Kenetreks...same boots as yours with no problems. But then again, I don't have girly-man feet! :D

LMAO! I love my Kenetreks...same boots as yours with no problems. But then again, I don't have girly-man feet! :D

I figured you'd enjoy that...and for the record...my feet are just a little delicate...manly but delicate!!:p

I figured you'd enjoy that...and for the record...my feet are just a little delicate...manly but delicate!!:p

I can see you and Steph sitting next to each other in leather Barcaloungers getting pedicures! LMAO! Tell her I said "HI".

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back