Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Is this the sign of a good elk hunting area???

1_pointer

ElkCamp-NezPerceCrkID9.jpg

Usually when I see that I whisper a swear word or two.

It depends on whether or not they have ate all of them yet! Jk, who knows if its a bad thing, probably just means more pressure on the elk.

Maybe if you area bruin. That's why they're there. Great elk hunting for them..

We've seen lots of tracks and scat in the area, but have yet to see or hear one. Still seems to be plenty elk in the area... Maybe I've just not been there during a full moon... ;)

I noticed 2 things:
1. Big dang dog tracks!!!
2. Someone can afford some mighty spensive elk hunting boots!!!(look just like mine)
Just don't accidentally mix some bloody water with some bacon grease and crushed bones and pour them out so that they freeze in a large puddle. The dogs might accidentally cut their numb tongues on the bones and bleed to death,hypothetically...I think that was a Jack London idea.

Jaeger- The elk hunting still pretty good, we filled 3 of 4 tags on opening day...

Nikster- How do you like your Kenetrek's? I like my so far once I figured out the best sock combination. Might give them a workout this weekend looking for a cow elk...

Here's some I followed on Thanksgiving Day...

Sorry no boot for reference, but no doubt they were wolves.

WolftracksGrimesCreek1020007.JPG

Never saw an elk...

We'll see, but I'm not too terribly afraid. We've hunted this area for the last three years and always bring elk home. Wolves have been in/around this are since they came to ID...

Back