Yeti GOBOX Collection

Is this Legit ?

Gunner46

A friends wife knows I'm heading out west this fall, and sent this to me today.

"The Montana Dept. of Game and Fish recently issued the following warning for campers and hikers:
In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Montana Department of Fish and Game is advising campers, hikers, hunters, and fishermen to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears while in the field.
We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as not to startle bears that are not expecting them. We also advise outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a grizzly.
It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings.
Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and squirrel fur.
Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smells like pepper."

In light of the grizzly bear that just consumed and buried a hiker in Yellowstone this week I would say the warning is not untrue. Me and my family have been bluff charged by grizzlies and we have also pick up a guy on the side of the hwy that was nearly dead after a grizzly attacked him on the west boarder of Yellowstone. It's part of the risk involved with hunting the West.

We in the west take it to be common knowledge. It's handed down to sons from their fathers at an early age. Kind of a coming of age ritual.

That's why I no longer quietly creep around with a bow in my hand and cow elk urine on my boots through the dark woods up Wapiti just north of Yellowstone. There are many other places to hike and hunt. It's called risk analysis, centered on the wanting to avoid stinky bears by staying away from their usual neighborhoods.

:hump::D

Too funny!! You can tell those who read the whole thing, and those who just assumed, by their responses!!

Yeah, I know. See it all the time. People still giving advice on what to buy/use.....after the OP already stated they made a decision and purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back